Spaces || twenty-eight

"Thank you for informing me, Miss Whitley! This will not be tolerated. And thank you, Jeffrey, for wearing that sweater," Dean Pelton said, smiling at Jeff before shooing us out of his office. We had told him about the Changerang incident, and we doubted he would do anything, but we had to try.

"Do you even have any classes today?" I asked, looking up at Jeff as we walked down the hallway.

"Yeah, online. I just come to campus to use the internet," he shrugged as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"Well, I still have about an hour until my class. I thought the thing with the Dean would take longer. What do you wanna do?" I asked.

"Something that involves absolutely no effort," he laughed, pulling me closer to him so he could plant a kiss on top of my head.

"Guess that takes cardio off the table. Let's go grab breakfast! I'll buy," I smirked while wiggling out of his grip. He was able to get his arms wrapped around my waist, picking me up to keep me from getting away.

"I'm fine with doing cardio right now," he said quietly, twirling me around.

"Nope! Too late. I want breakfast," I laughed. He pouted, setting me down as we made our way to the cafeteria. We both just ended up getting coffee, so we went and sat somewhere that was less crowded so we wouldn't have to yell over other voices to hear each other. We sat and talked for a bit, not really about anything in particular. I was more focused on studying for the final that I had. It wasn't going to be too hard, but I still figured that I should study.

"And what do you call the summary of a longer report so the audience can understand it without reading all of it?" Jeff read from my study guide that he had tilted so I couldn't see the answers.

"An executive summary. Give me something harder," I groaned as I ran a hand through my hair.

"How do you file government names in alphabetical order?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"That parts open note. I still can't index anything like that. I have plain names down, but I mess up with anything else. Hyphenated names, business names, and government names are so confusing," I sighed, plucking my study guide from his hands, "I probably have as much memorized as I can. I gotta get going." I slid the paper into a folder and then into my bag, putting it on as I stood up. Jeff nodded, standing up and pulling me in for a tight hug.

"You got this, babe. Trust me," he muttered into my hair. He pulled away and gave me a big grin, making me laugh. I thanked him and made my way to my class, not excited for the final.

⇢⇠⇢⇠⇢⇠

I handed Gail, my teacher, my test answers. The feeling that I was finally done with her class made relief flood over me, a feeling of happiness settling in the place of my worries. She looked over the results and typed in the information. It only took about a minute, and once she was done, she wrote my score on the paper and a sticky note. She smiled, handing me the sticky note.

"Good job, Ellouise. Highest grade so far," Gail stated. I looked at the note, excited to see I had gotten all the questions correct and earned all possible bonus points. I was guaranteed to pass the only final I had left. So, with this grade, I had officially passed all of my classes.

"Thanks, Gail!" I said, a gigantic grin plastered on my face. She laughed as I sped out of the room, excited to go and tell Jeff. I pulled my phone out, texting him to meet me at study room F. I also sent my group chat, the one without Zack, my great news.

Nothing had changed with Zack yet. He had stopped blowing up my phone, but only because I had to block his number. It really sucked, honestly. He was one of my closest friends, and I had to end it because of one thing. I mean, was I wrong? I don't need someone who knew how happy I was after being sad for such a long time messing that up.