fifty five

Elle McBriar
August 11th, 6 months and 32 days since the last zombie report

I had the best sleep of my life last night. The bed was warm and comfy. The air wasn't too hot or too cold.

I was also extremely tired but I'm beginning to feel excited about the whole staying in an underground bunker thing.

Elaine is really nice. She's accompanying to all of our needs and doesn't push us if we're struggling.

I'm eating breakfast in the dining hall, dipping my spoon into my bowl, "Hi beautiful girl." Paxton smiles, kissing my forehead, "Hey, how'd you sleep." I ask, slurping the milk. "Amazing. I wish you'd woken me up though." He frowned.

I smiled. Paxton looked so peaceful when he slept. His fingers twirled around the end of my hair as he stared at me, "You needed your rest. And besides, I was hungry." I shrug, "Well, I'm going to get breakfast and I'll join you." He said, getting up.

"Wait, you can't. I have a mandatory and strict therapy session with Megan, now!" I said, glancing at the wall clock. Paxton frowned, "Do you have to go." I nodded, "I'm sorry. Later we can hang out, I swear! I promise." I kissed his cheek.

Paxton yanked my arm towards him and pressed his lips against mine, "You get away too easily. You're slippery." Paxton whined, "Too bad. Go eat." I smiled.

Skipping down the hallway, I knocked on Megan's door. Hearing her cheerful 'Enter'. I opened the door, taking in the neatness of it all.

"Elle, hi. Please, sit." She smiled, picking up a clipboard and pen. "How are you dear?" She asked, I shrugged, "Average, I guess." I sighed.

As much as I want too talk, it's not too a licensed therapist. I just want to chill and read a book, "How are you really? What are you feeling right now?" She asked. I refrained from rolling my eyes, "Bored." I said flatly, she smiled, "I understand. But until we understand the state your mind is in, these meetings are compulsory." Megan said.

I nodded, "I know. But forgive me, I'm not used to the whole, human interaction thing. Or a therapist talking to me about my feelings sort of vibe."

"I understand completely. I just want to get to know you better. So, tell me. Did you have any siblings? What was your life like before the apocalypse?"

So I told her. And after our session I realised I revealed way too much to Megan about my personal life. I guess that's what therapists are supposed to do. I told her about Oliver, my parents. Being on my own and then finding the guys.

She asked about my relationship with the boys as well as Paxton. And I explained to her. It felt nice to talk a girl about relationships.

Walking down the plain hallway, I headed back to my room to relax. I'm thinking about asking Elaine for some drawing supplies so I can keep myself occupied.

I saw Alex standing outside my room with Riley in his arms. "Hey. What's up?" I smiled, "Riley won't stop crying." He said, a worried look on his face.

Riley was crying slightly, he looked agitated. "I'll take him." I said.

Alex passed him to my arms as I opened my door, cradling his small body against mine as he squirmed about.

"Has he eaten today?" I asked Alex. He nodded and leaned his head agaimst the wall tiredly, "Go sleep. I got this." He looked at me, "You sure."

I nodded, "Course."

Alex left the room, thanking me profusely as I walked around the room trying to get Riley to sleep.

He wailed and cried until his face was red. "What's wrong with you? Why are you crying baby?" I sighed, kissing his forehead.