18. S.H.I.T.

A secret society within a secret society.

~Dave Barry

***

Clement paced up and down the stuffy room worried. He stopped, looked at the three kids and turned to Stevens.

"Are you sure we did the right thing by abducting them? What were you thinking bringing them here? They could compromise the whole operation!"

"Relax Clement," Stephens reassured him. "These two know something. They couldn't go snooping into Timothy's office without a solid reason. All we need is to get it out of them and tell them to keep off. As simple as that."

They were cut off by the sound of the three groaning and waking up. The three teens noticed that they were in a rather dark room, but it was filled with the latest gadgets of all kind. There were screens everywhere, and they seemed to be monitoring Arabella Academy and the police station. On the wall were papers stuck to it. They noticed Sheila's picture at the middle of it all with an X drawn across it in red. There was also another picture of a guy, which they realised was Rocco, and below it were the words 'The Shadow'. It was then that they realised the presence of the two older men in the room.

"Let me just start by saying that if you kill me my father's gonna use the Holy Spirit to find out who killed me and pray the shit out of your lives," Jeff began, thinking he was threatening them, but instead getting a confused look from both of the men, and both of his friends too.

"Are you going to kill us like you killed Sheila? Because we know you did," Marcus confronted Stevens.

Now Stevens was really confused.

"What makes you think that I killed the girl?"

"We heard Sheila calling out your name exactly before she was murdered," Michelle replied, seeing that Marcus and Jeff had blown their cover.

"What do you mean you heard? Were you in school at the time she was murdered?"

"No. She sent us an SOS message seconds before she was killed, and in it, we heard her call your name."

Stevens thought really hard about what those three were telling him right now. Nothing of what they said made sense. He was in his office when John the Janitor came with the news of the girl being killed. He therefore wondered why these three would try and accuse him of the murder.

They were cut off by the entrance of the third man, Arnold. He was accompanied by another young man, who introduced himself to them as Calvin. Calvin was the odd one out in the group as he was the only one who was smiling, in the midst of those straight-faced men. He went ahead to pour everyone a cup of coffee, even the three kids.

"Finally, some company, to be honest, it was getting really boring with these three here. Just look at them, and their grim faces," Calvin said, and then made an impression of Stevens that sent Michelle aching with laughter. Stevens looked at Calvin threateningly and rolled his eyes.

"Listen guys, I don't know why Sheila mentioned my name, but I swear I had nothing to do with her," Stevens defended himself.

"What about the bruise you had on your forehead? I saw it when I was called to Mr William's office," Marcus inquired.

"I got it when one of you stupid students hit me while I was trying to get you away from the scene of crime. You guys are really sick. Who takes a picture of a dead body for useless likes on social media," Stevens lamented.