36. Back At Old Bob's

A single lie discovered is enough to create doubt in every truth expressed.

~Anonymous

***

Marcus, Jeff, Michelle and Luis exited school in a hurry once the day was over. The worry on their faces was noticeable, each one trying to make their pace quicker than the other. Their minds went back to the time Calvin had called Michelle later that day.

"Come to Old Bob's Abandoned Garage after school. Make sure nobody's following you. And for your sake and safety, stay out of Stevens' sight."

As they approached Old Bob's Abandoned Garage, they tried to guess why they were being called. Each one was so occupied in their own thoughts that Michelle was almost run over by a car while crossing the road. Jeff was the most pissed of the four of them. Everything was surely going perfectly until Calvin decided to call them. Luis noticed him fidgeting and held his hand, calming Jeff instantly.

"We should not enter the garage from the front gate," Michelle said as the garage came into sight.

"We can search for an opening in the fence. I'm pretty sure there is one," Jeff suggested.

They all nodded and made their way to the back of the garage where they found an opening big enough for them and sneaked in through it. Once inside, they moved stealthily, using cars as their shields and keeping an eye out for any other people who might have been there.

They reached the shed they had hid before and squatted being the iron sheets. Michelle then dialled Calvin's number. They all suddenly jumped when they heard a ringtone sound from behind them. The four then heaved a sigh of relief when they saw Calvin, who was looking at them with the same expression of surprise on his face.

"Calvin, you gave us quite a scare!" Michelle started. Calvin offered her his hand for support and she took it, hoisting herself up. The other three thrust themselves up and looked around.

"Yeah," Jeff chimed in. "With that ginger hair of yours, you look like a scarecrow. Your eyes were actually about to pop out."

"Sorry for the fright," Calvin apologised. He scanned his eyes around the area and then turned back to the students. "Has anyone followed you?" The four shook their heads vigorously. Calvin then motioned with his finger for the four to follow him and they went up to the back corner of the garage. There was a trap door on the ground. Calvin went ahead and motioned for them to enter. To his astonishment, the four teenagers took a step backwards.

"How do we know if this isn't a trap?" Marcus asked.

"There is someone in there. You'll have to take my word for it," Calvin answered them.

"I'm claustrophobic. I can't enter there," Michelle spoke, and the three boys nodded in agreement. They were afraid to enter an unknown room, especially one that was underground. Calvin looked at them inquisitively and shrugged in approval. He then went to the trap door and called whoever was inside out.

The four took another step backwards when Maxwell emerged from the trap door. Alarmed, Luis grabbed a steel rod that was nearby and pointed it to Maxwell, ready for attack. Calvin sensed the tension and stepped in-between the two parties.

"Okay, let's calm down everyone," he told them.

"What's this puta doing here?" Luis asked, the rod still pointed at Maxwell.

"Relax. He and I are only victims," Calvin replied.

Jeff stepped forward. "Victims? Victims of what?"