35. Pride Day: Part Four

The song used in this chapter is attached⏫⏫

***

The only guy you need in your life, is the one that proves he needs you in his.

~Anonymous

***

Michelle stood at the edge of the dance floor, her eyes moving from one corner to the other. The place had been turned into a raunch, with the girls and gays grinding on other straights and gays. She had no dance partner and therefore didn't see the need of going to the dance floor alone. A sudden feeling of loneliness crept back to her. Back then, she didn't have to worry about a dance partner. She always had Sheila. They had both vowed not to let boys come between their friendship and thus would always accompany each other to such dances. However, she had noticed that Sheila had been pushing her away in her last days. It wasn't too noticeable, but a person who had few friends and a best friend whom she had spent most of her time with would be able to notice.

Michelle turned and was about to leave the auditorium when a hand grabbed her and pulled her back. It was Marcus. He flashed her a smile and she gave him one in return. Marcus was not one of those you'd describe as hot as hell. He was fairly handsome, with his pink lips and brown eyes adding a great percentage to his looks. His black hair was a frequent visitor to his mother's shampoo and glimmered under the sunlight. He was of normal height for a fourteen-year-old, and his curiosity in things that did not affect him got him into trouble more than once.

"Why are you taking me back there? I don't want to dance," Michelle complained as Marcus dragged her back to the dance floor.

"But I do. Come on! Show me what you got," Marcus told her and began jumping up and down to the electronic music booming from the speakers. Michelle just stood there, looking at him with her eyebrows raised. Marcus took notice of her and took her hands and forcefully threw them into the air. Michelle allowed him to do so but resisted a bit to show him that she did not give in to his wants.

"Did Jeff find Luis?" Michelle yelled over the loud music.

"Yes!" Marcus was shouting too, but still dancing. "But he was with Aiden the Asshole, so he's kinda bummed right now."

"They like each other, don't they?"

"Have you seen the way Jeff looks at him?! They are just two lovebirds afraid to tell each other their feelings."

"Do you have someone you like too?"

Marcus stopped dancing. "Me? No way! I don't have one. I mean, I haven't found the right one yet."

Michelle smirked at him. "You look like you wouldn't know even if they were standing right in front of you," she told him and began dancing. Marcus smiled back and joined her in dancing to Nicki Minaj's Super Bass.

Little did they know of the truth about Michelle's statement.