33. Pride Day: Part Two

Whoever tries to bring you down is already below you.

~Anonymous

****

Not this bitch again!

It was Aiden. He was the male bitchy version of Mean Girls, and his character was infamous in the school. He was best known for looking down on people and bullying those he thought weren't up to his standards. The nerds were the most targeted, and often found themselves under his merciless rule. Arabellans, including teachers, secretly wished that they actually had the cliché version of a female meanie, because then she would be more tolerable than the headache-inducing brat they had to deal with.

Jeff stared in pure hate at his worst enemy. Aiden was not one of his favourite persons and thus usually found himself the target of his demeaning remarks. But Jeff was as equally powerful when it came to comebacks; and they usually found themselves in heated exchanges that ended in no one particularly winning. Today was going to be one of those days, and Jeff had decided he wasn't going to lose, especially not when he was wearing a Louis Vuitton suit.

Luis sighed heavily. His face frowned even the more when he realised Aiden was the one calling him. Aiden always followed him around like a dog everywhere he went, based on the notion that Luis was his boyfriend, although Luis had adamantly denied having any relationship with him whatsoever. Aiden made him feel uncomfortable; he was always touching him everywhere whenever he was near him. He shook his head and looked up at the sky in exasperation, asking whatever deity that was present why they had to send that freak right at that moment.

"Hey, boyfriend. How are you?" Aiden started, particularly placing emphasis on the word boyfriend.

"I already told you a thousand times Aiden. I am not your boyfriend," Luis edgily replied and pulled away from Aiden's discomfiting embrace.

Aiden then noticed Jeff standing beside Luis, casting him a nasty look. He snickered at him and was the first to attack.

"I see someone's been fucking with his bestie's daddy."

"Well you should know that it's because your dad couldn't handle all this package," Jeff countered and smiled upon seeing Aiden's frown.

"Probably because he doesn't go for skinny, talkative golddiggers," Aiden retorted.

"That wasn't what he was saying when I was breaking up with him."

"Stop being a dick!"

"Unfortunately me being a dick doesn't make yours any bigger."

Luis coughed on Jeff's statement. Jeff certainly wasn't one to lose verbal wars. Aiden stared at him helplessly, hoping he would come to his rescue but Luis shrugged and remained quiet.

Best not to interfere in battles that aren't yours.

"Luis, baby. I came to tell you that I've made a reservation at the restaurant for the both of us. We are to leave for our date after this... miserable celebrations," Aiden spoke. His words had the effect he expected on Jeff when his eyes suddenly widened and looked at Luis in horror. Jeff was equally shocked and turned to Aiden, confused.

"I'm sorry but did you say date? Cause you must be loco," he questioned.

"Yes darling. You don't remember? That Sunday when I called you and you told me you were busy and I told you that I would postpone to this date?" Aiden reminded him.

Luis' shock was visible when the realisation dawned on him. He turned to Jeff, his mouth wide open and stared at him. Jeff looked back at him, turning his head slightly to ask whether what Aiden was saying was true.

"I-I-I-I'm sorry. I was confused at that moment and just agreed to his s-s-suggestion. It was during that...ummmm...situation the other day at Marcus' house, you remember?" He spoke to Jeff, feeling like he deserved an explanation.

Aiden was apparently right. He had called Luis when Maxwell struck them at Marcus' house. Reacting to the heat of the moment, Luis hurriedly agreed to whatever Aiden was saying, hoping it would help him finish the call earlier, and not knowing the consequences. He had quickly forgotten about the call, only for Aiden to come and remind him.

Just as he was about to kiss Jeff.

Jeff's feelings spiraled downwardsby Luis' confirmation. He looked at Luis, sadness and heartbreak in his eyes, trying to fight back the tears that were at bay.

"It's okay," he replied, his voice full of disappointment . "I'll leave you two to sort it out."

He then left the two to do their talking.

He had no business there.