15

BENJIS POV
I rushed as fast as I could to the hospital. It felt like my heart was just ripped out of my chest. The thought of losing him is killing me.

As soon as I got to the hospital I parked and ran inside.

"I'm here for Jorge Garay" I asked out of breath. She typed something on her computer.

"Room 234 floor 2" I thanked her and ran up the stairs. I looked all around for the room and when I found it a doctor stopped me from going in.

"Just a small warning. Jorge is in a coma. We are unsure when or if he will wake up. How do you know the patient" he asked

"I'm his boyfriend" I was in shock. The person I love so much could die. The doctor nodded and let me in. I saw him laying on the bed. There was a lot of cords and it freaked me out even more. I tried not to cry but I couldn't. I grabbed his hand in mine.

"I'm so sorry Jorge. I told you I would always protect you and now you could die. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you" at this point I was sobbing. I can't handle the fact that he could die. It's too much to process.

I stayed there until visiting hours were over and when the nurse came to tell me I asked her if I could stay but she said no.

"Please can I stay. Please" she sighed.

"You can stay just for tonight" I thanked her and she left and turned the lights off. I held his hand all night and I didn't sleep once. I was too worried about Jorge. Im so scared right now. I cant lose him.

It was a long night. I cried a lot. It hurts knowing he could die. I have never loved anyone as much as I love Jorge. I don't know what ill do without him. I texted my mom what happened. She had then told Jorge's mom who already knew. She isn't able to get here for 2 weeks which is terrible. Doctors came in to check on him every now and then.

Around 7 in the morning the police came and told me everything.

"Okay so we looked at the surveillance footage and the car ran the red light and that is when he got hit" I nodded

"I think I know who did this. What did the car look like" I asked

"It was a black Jeep with a football sticker and a rainbow sticker on the back" that made my blood boil. I know exactly who it was.

"I know the person who did it" I told them and then they left. I went over to Jorge and kissed the back of his hand.

"I'll be back baby I promise. I just have to take care of something" I left the hospital and went to the house where Grayson took Jorge to when he kidnapped him and banging on the door.

The one and only Grayson opened it. Just seeing him made me even more angry. I pushed him inside and to the ground. I got on top of him and threw punch after punch at him.

"YOU ASSHOLE. HOW COULD YOU" I screamed. All he did was laugh. I pulled him up and pushed him into the wall and he fell back to the ground.

I pulled him up again and brought his face to my knee a few times then kicked him to the ground. I punched him a few more times until he looked almost dead.

"What the fuck is wrong with you. You are going back to jail for a long time. I hope you rot in jail. I hope an inmate beats you to death in there because that is what you deserve. You are a terrible human being Grayson" I kicked him one more time and left.

I drove back to my dorm and changed out of my clothes and showered. I put on one of Jorge's sweatshirts and it smelt exactly like him. I sat on my bed and pulled my knees to my chest.

I looked down at my wrist and saw the bracelet Jorge gave me for Christmas and a tear fell down my cheek. Its still hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he could die. That he could be gone forever. After a few minutes of just sitting there I went back to my car and drove to the police station.

When I got there I gave them the address where Grayson was. After I went back to the hospital and stayed with Jorge until they told me visiting hours were over. When I got home I laid in bed but I couldn't sleep. Its only been 2 days but it feels like forever. I miss him so much.

-one month later-

Its almost February now a Jorge still hasn't woken up yet. The doctors are starting to lose hope. They think he wont wake up. They have talked about pulling the plug but I keep saying no. I cant lose him. I know he will wake up. He has to.

This past month has been terrible. I barley sleep and when I do sleep I always have nightmares about Jorge dying. Im just scared those nightmares will become reality. I haven't eaten much either and going to classes has been hard. I just have my professors send me the work so I can do it in my dorm. They know what happened and they have been really understanding.

I still go to the hospital everyday and visit him. It doesn't get easier. I still cry every time I go. My friends check on me everyday to make sure im okay and that I have eaten. Ever since the accident I've hit rock bottom. The pain wont go away. I blame myself everyday for what happened to Jorge. I wasn't awake. I wish he would've woken me up. I wish it was me who got it. It should have been me.

Its my fault he is in the hospital. Jorge shouldn't have to be punished like this. I wish I never met Grayson. If I never met Grayson then this wouldn't have happened.

I was laying in bed with Jorge's sweater on when my phone rang. I have never answered a call so fast.

"Is he awake. Please tell me he is awake" I begged

"oh sorry man wrong number" I hung up and threw my phone down. A few minutes went by then I got another call. I answered praying it was the hospital telling me Jorge was awake.

"Is he awake. Please tell me he's awake"

"if you are talking about Jorge Garay then yes he has woken up" I rushed to my car and went to the hospital as fast as I could.

I ran into the hospital and all the way to his room. When I went in he was in fact awake. He looked toward the door and smiled.

"Hi Benji"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 1189                        Date: 5-28-20
I may or may not have cried while writing this chapter.

Have a great day/night💕