20

BENJIS POV
It has been a week in here and let me tell you it has not been fun. Sure I have Toni and the other guys but I miss Jorge and being in here just over sucks. It's even worse when you in for a crime you didn't commit.

I haven't talked to anyone but the group of guys I have made friends with. They are actually really chill. They weren't in for major crimes but they are all 25 and older. Im the baby of the group which wasn't terrible.

I haven't been eating much just out of habit but Toni and the other guys are like Carlo they make sure that im eating. They all know everything about what Grayson did, they know what happened to Jorge and everything about that. It is nice that they care.

Oh and I have a court date. It is in 2 days. I am really nervous. If they find me guilty ill be in here for up to 20 plus years. I will not survive in here for 20 years.

I excused myself from the guys and went to my cell. I have a cell in the corner which Is perfect. I went in and sat on the bed. I was going to have a panic attack which wasn't good. I just leaned against the wall and closed my eyes trying to calm myself down. I wish I had Jorge right now. This whole court thing is freaking me out. What if they give me the death penalty. I don't want to die. I cant leave Jorge.

A few minutes go by and then Toni walks in

"Hey kid what's wrong" He asked. He sat down next to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"Im not ready for court. What if they sentence me for life or they give me the death penalty. There is so much that could happen and im not ready for it. They are going to find me guilty but I swear Im not guilty"

At this point all the guys were in here. They were all being amazing and trying to calm me down. Just the thought of getting the death penalty or a life sentence or hell even 20+ years make me sick. Whoever actually murdered Grayson is blaming me so its probably someone who hates me. I just cant think who would do this. What if Grayson wasn't even dead.

"Do you want us to go" Dave asked.

"No stay. Please" I felt weak but hey I felt safe as well

"Okay. Anything for you kid" Jim said. We talked for a little and I eventually fell asleep. I don't know how long I was asleep but how I was woken up was not pleasant. I felt a heavy weight on me and I open my eyes and there was a man on top of me. I tried to push him off but he was much stronger than me.

"So you're the new kid haha. You and I are going to have a lot of fun while you're in here" I didn't know what to do

"Oh no. You aren't going to do anything to him" Toni said. Kevin grabbed the guy and threw him off of me and then threw him out of the cell. I got up and hugged Toni. He hugged me back and the rest of the guys joined.

"Thank you guys for having my back" I told them.

"Kid like I said while you are in here we are going to protect you. Always" Toni said and the other guys agreed.

"I really appreciate you guys" After that we ate dinner and went to bed.

When I woke up I realized that tomorrow was my court date. I was not ready.

Toni and I left for breakfast and I did not eat. I felt sick all day. I ate a little bit of bread and that's it. I was to nervous to eat and all day I thought about court tomorrow.

The day went by fast. I didn't like that. I didn't sleep much that night and I know Toni didn't either. He was just as worried as I was.

When dawn came I almost threw up. I was sick to my stomach. Toni and I met up with the guys one last time before I left. We shared a group hug.

"Don't worry kid. Everything will be okay" Toni said. I was going to cry but I wiped my tears before I could.

"Benjamin Krol" I heard an officer say from behind me. I hugged the guys individually on last time before going with the officer. I waved by to them and then I was cuffed and taken to a police car.

I don't remember the drive from the prison to the court house. I got out of the car and was escorted into the building. Walking to the stand I saw Jorge and when I looked at him it looked like he wanted to. Cry but he was trying to stay strong. I blew him a kiss and then a few tears slipped down his cheeks

"I love you" I mouthed to him.

"I love you to" he mouthed back. I sat on the stand and the jury started.

"When are here because Benjamin Krol was accused of the murder of Grayson Stepling" the judge said. It was a long court day and I gave a testimony and the moment I have been waiting for. To see if they think I'm guilty or not.

"Now Benjamin Krol the murder was very violent so you are found guilty" my heart dropped and I looked to Jorge who was still trying not to cry.

"And we are sentencing you to the death penalty"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 970 Date:6-6-20
Hey guys I hope you enjoyed this chapter

Have a great day/night💕