TOUCH OF AGONIES

The frail darkness of night engulfed by colourful neon lights holding all the happiness and bliss that usually come with sun. Soft music, bright colours and smiling faces flashed around as soon as they entered in the room. Though everything was beautifully arranged, but he could feel the soft panic in her, that could even grew further or fade too, depending on the greet they were going to receive and obviously it grew. Just stepping in the scene made her breathing rapid and shallow. She could feel her pulse pounding in her temples and legs shaking that she was afraid, she would trip. She had her palms around his arm holding him tight, but suddenly it was tighter. Her nails almost digged in his forearm and elbow. He sighed, looked at her side and opened his mouth, probably to make her comfortable but couldn't, as a loud sound of applaud and a rush of eager business men rolled to their side like a torrent of the sea.

As a huge spotlight came over them dimming all other lights and they were surrounded by a group of photographers, he compelled to faintly smile. She dragged in a sharp breath and blink her eyes trying to set her heart on peace, but all she could listen, even in between the demands of different poses, that was her own loudly thumping heart. But then she looked at him, smiled and nodded a little, somehow managing her ramming heart.

Sameer understood her nervousness very well, blinked his eyes to comfort her, rubbed her arms and squeezed her shoulder while posing for pics, did everything possible to ease her, but couldn't say anything and almost growled on this helplessness. He sharply drew in some breaths, trying to think, trying to find some way, but got more anxious as her anxiety was killing him.

Till this moment, Naina had successfully calmed herself, dragged in sharp breaths and let out the first genuine smile. She looked at the grime line of his pursed lips and not only blinked her eyes as a sort of assurance, but softly whispered an inaudible 'don't worry.." too. As if all the exsepration flew in air and sighing he hold her close and posed for another one, but little that poor soul knew that this was not the end but the start of her miseries or perhaps their miseries.

"Sir... If you don't mind, please ek single picture le sakte hai.. ma'am, if don't mind.. please....", someone from the photographers requested, but it almost like a bomb on their hearts.

Naina trembled lightly but then smiled a little awkward though. She looked at him, blinked her eyes and slightly nodded then moved aside. Sameer frowned as even before he could say something, he felt her hand slipping from his elbow. Something happened or perhaps not, but his heart fluttered violently seeing her moving away.

"No.... Enough now...",he roared stiffening a number of faces and hold her hand tight in his palms.

All the photographers and some guests too looked at him bewildered of his loudness. The party seemed on halt for a moment but next moment with a smile he added,"we are not models yaar... I think abhi ke liye enough pics le liye aap logo ne... Now please, let us join the party, atleast let us meet the esteemed guests... Baki pics baad me le lijiye..."

A number of reactions prevailed in the big hall, but then it seemed like a stream of relief washed over easing some expressions but glooming some excited face, those were so ready to make a headline out of his infamous rage. But she smiled, something rushed through her as her stifled breathing was instantly set free.

"Aaiye sir... Please come...", making a way in between the rush of photographers Mr. Arora along with some other persons rushed near him and greeted him.

"What the hell Mr. Arora... I think i was very loud and clear, when i said a big no to reporters this time...",he murmured gritting his teeth and heading inside.

"He he he... Haanji sirji... Aapne to kha tha, pr wo kya hai naa ki boss ne kha to mai...he he he... Sorry sirji, lekin ab naukri to unki hi karta hu naa...", sensing his storming rage, Arora immediately slipped into his known flattering avatar.

LIVE TO LOVE: ARRANGEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें