Part 11

Liam wanted to celebrate. Really celebrate. He wanted dinner and clubbing. He wanted to have a great time. Penny was okay with that. She liked to go out. And she was glad to see that Jamie wasn't invited, despite what she thought. When she had asked where they were going, Liam had told her that he paperwork she needed to do. The look on her face was priceless, somewhere between shock and fury. The group turned out to be just Liam and his producers. Jake was there, but only as a body guard.

They ate at an expensive restaurant where Liam drank tequila and went out to smoke, twice, with the producers. After dinner, they went to a dance club, where Liam drank more tequila and Penny had enough to drink to make her forget any worry she had about anything. She didn't have to drive. Liam didn't have to drive. What difference did it make? Yes, she'd never seen Liam drink more than beer. Okay, he was smoking. But, did that matter? No. They were having fun. It was no big deal. She danced, draped around him, loving being with him.

By two in the morning, she could barely stand. The new shoes were adorable, but a person could only wear heals for so long. Liam was so drunk that he couldn't hold up his head. "Liam?" she slurred.

"Hmmm...." He said, trying to look at her, his head moving up slightly. His eyes were half open and he couldn't open them wider.

"We have to go. We have a plane to be on in just a few hours."

He nodded and took her hand, waving at the people there were with, stumbling over to the door, looking for Jake. Jake had been watching and was over in moments, helping Liam to the car. Pen slipped off her shoes and followed, trying to keep herself up. Jake poured them into the car and drove them home. Now Penny knew why Liam had picked the room he had for the master. Right up the stairs, turn, and you were in bed. They collapsed, laying there, not caring about anything except sleep.

At 6am, Liam's phone alarm woke Penny. She sat up, still in her dress. They had to be on a plane at 8. She was pretty sure she was still drunk. "Liam." She said, touching him lightly. "Liam. We have to go. Shower. Plane."

Liam rolled over. He looked awful. Groaning, he pushed her away. Penny left him and moved to the bathroom. She was a wreck. Makeup everywhere, hair in knots. The dress hadn't fared well either. She smelled and she was a wrinkled mess. Turning on the shower, she stripped and stood under the water, trying to feel human on four hours sleep. She washed as best as she could, pulled on leggings and hoodie, then tried Liam again.

"Liam, sweetie, get up!" she said, louder than she meant to. "Please, sexy?" she said, trying to make him laugh.

He smiled, eyes still closed. "I like it when you call me sexy." he said. "You haven't called me that in forever."

She crawled on top on him, kissing his face. "I know. I'm trying to get back to the way we were, laughing, joking, and having fun with each other, right?"

His eyes opened. "Right!" His legs wrapped around her and he flipped her over, pushed himself up on his arms and looked down at her. "Let's have fun now." He grinned. His lips pressed down on hers and he snaked himself in-between her legs. Penny wrapped them around his waist, holding him close to her, pulling on his clothes, trying to get his shirt off.

"LIAM!" a voice called from the hall. "LIAM! WE NEED TO LEAVE IN 10!" It was Jamie, with a wakeup call. The door jiggled and opened.

"Jesus! Jamie! Knock!" Liam yelled, dropping down, covering Penny with his body, trying to stop Jamie from seeing anything that was going on between them. Pen rolled away and straightened her clothes. He rolled onto his back, hands in his hair.

"Sorry!" she said, not sounding sorry at all and shut the door.

Liam turned at sat up. He groaned and dropped his head into his hands. "I think I'm still drunk." he said.

"Me, too." Penny said. "Shower, it helps."

Liam went off to shower and Penny put away everything she was leaving here and packing what she was taking home. As she dragged the suitcases into the hall, Liam appeared, looking a bit better, and helped her get them down the stairs. Jake was there, ready to load the car. Once it was loaded, they headed to the airport and were on the plane, laying in first class, sunglasses on, trying to sleep off the hangovers. "When will be home?" Penny asked.

"In the afternoon? Around 5, I think?" Liam said. "And my meeting with Ed is tomorrow. I am going to be so wrecked."

Penny just nodded, thinking that the party wasn't worth the price of the morning.