[02] Pseudo-alcoholic

Tim rolled off his bed, striking the cold ground with a soft thud. A groan escaped him as he sat up, not wishing to peel open his eyes just yet. A painful hammering was raging on in his head despite the fact that he had slept for much longer than he usually did. Though his room was bathed in a comfortable darkness as the curtains were drawn shut, blocking out the sunlight. 

His hand fumbled for his phone, and when he finally found it lying at the bedside table, he opened his eyes at last, squinting to make out the time displayed on the screen.

"Two fucking pm?" Shock struck him hard for he had slept in for way too long, missing his classes as well as a hundred other tasks he had lined up for the morning.

In a frenzy, he got up from the ground, stumbling again over the duvet that had fallen along with him as he grabbed his clothes that were dropped nearby, tripping over the mess in his room. 

Though he couldn't figure out how he of all people could have slept in. It could only be possible if someone had deliberately drawn his curtains and shut off the ten consecutive alarms he had set on his phone.

And he realized that there could be only one culprit, "Jason Asshole Todd, I'll kill you!" 

He cursed under his breath as he stepped into the bathroom, forgetting to turn on the lights even. He had to splash his face with water multiple times before his senses went into a backup power mode for the only thing that could fully restart his system was coffee.

After getting dressed in a haste for he knew his backup wouldn't last and he didn't want to pass out in the bathroom, he pushed his feet into his sneakers, sliding down the railings of the huge flight of stairs that led to the living room, making sure to save as much energy as possible.

He trudged over to the kitchen, counting his steps for his eyes had fluttered shut and he was going through like a blind man, managing not to bump into any of the furniture in his way for he had had a lot of practice walking through the manor with his eyes closed.

"Alfred," he mumbled as he perched up on the stool by the breakfast counter, his head dropping onto the grey marble of the counter for it seemed as if he had been completely exhausted.

"Good day, Master Tim," Alfred Pennyworth, their family butler and trusted confidante greeted him placing a frothing hot cup of coffee in front of the almost dozing off boy.

The scent of coffee seemed to have roused him a little from his stupor as he grabbed the cup, not even caring that it had burnt his hand and downed it in one gulp. The liquid burned down his insides as well, but it was still not enough to reboot him. "Can I have one more?"

"Right away."

Shortly after Alfred had placed another cup in front of him which he drank exactly like he had done with the first but that once, his eyes finally flickered open and a small smile spread on his face, "thanks Alfred, you're the best."

But his contention was short lived for a heavy hand clapped him in between his shoulder blades almost making him choke. Tim switched immediately into a fight or flight mode, climbing on to the counter as he spun around to see the attacker.

"Woah Babybird, your CPU is heating up," Jason remarked mischievously, taking a seat on the counter beside him, "cool down or else I'll have to unplug you."

But Tim had launched himself on the elder one, making both topple down to the the ground. Jason had burst out laughing though his back had collided with the floor rather hard and Tim had landed on top of him, "Jay, how dare you break into my room and make me sleep for so long? I'm going to make you pay for it."