[10] Bo Staff v/s Floor Mop

The coffee shop had been closed due to the rainstorm that had struck earlier and by then Isadora had carefully locked all the doors and windows and had retired to her room.

The storm had passed but it was still raining and there was no knowing whether the storm would strike again because Gotham was known for having unexpected spells of terrible weather which did not end anytime soon.

So to be on the safe side, Dora had made sure that the shop was secured and there was no leakage from the roof before finally heading to bed.

Alex was stuck at a friend's place and he had texted her that he would come back soon as the rain stopped. It was a weekend so he was supposed to be at the Chinatown food street by then but the rain had shut that off as well and so he had to take refuge at his friend's place for the time being.

Isadora placed her phone beside her pillow after what seemed like the tenth time of assuring Alex that she would be fine by herself and had securely locked the doors and windows. But it seemed as if Alex was worrying a lot and hadn't wanted to leave her alone in such weather.

A soft smile flickered on her face recalling that he had always been like that to her. Alex was almost nine years elder than Dora and he had always been quite protective of his baby sister, taking more care of her than their parents had ever done so. Hence, his worried behavior was quite expected.

The gentle pattering of the raindrops down the glass window to her room worked as a lullaby to her and gradually she drifted off to sleep. The rain had made the weather considerably cold so she curled deeper into the blanket, her features relaxing as she slipped into the realms of dreams.

A few hours must have passed when she woke up to the sound of footsteps and slight shuffling noises. She sat up in her bed, cautiously turning on the lamp beside her. Her first thought was that maybe Alex had returned but in order to check, she slipped her feet into her slippers and stepped out.

But the main grill to the balcony was open and so was the door that led down to the kitchen. Alex could not have entered through the balcony so she picked up the closest thing to defend herself with that so happened to be a floor mop.

However she had sent a text to Selina telling her of the current situation, she knew the woman would come to her help but she couldn't wait there by herself.

Cautiously she descended the stairs to the kitchen, the light was on and the shuffling noises indicated as if someone was going through the stuff placed in the cabinets. Keeping the mop steady she stepped into the kitchen and was met by a surprising sight.

A boy in a red and black vigilante suit was searching the cabinets, a pot of water had been put on the stove to boil and the cup and spoons at the counter indicated as if he knew very well where each thing was placed. His red cape was torn from the side and he was soaking wet but the cowl covering his face made it impossible for her to see who he was.

"Freeze," she spoke, "who are you?"

The vigilante was startled as he turned to face her and then a disappointed groan escaped him, "none of your business."

Her eyes widened, "you broke into my kitchen, of course it is my business. Who the hell are you and what are you doing here?"

"I did not break into your kitchen," he ignored her, adding the coffee and milk into the pot of boiling water, stirring it with the ladle, "I have keys. And I just need one cup of coffee then I'll leave, promise."

"If you think that's totally normal then you're wrong. I have called the cops on you, Mister, and they will be here any moment," she threatened.

"Oh that is very sensible of you I'm sure," he remarked almost as if mocking her, "if you have called the cops then I bet they won't turn up anytime soon. In fact I could make four cups of coffee separately and drink all of them and even then no police horns would be heard."