[47] Eternal Support

Dora had asked Tim not to tell Alex about her panic attack so he did not bring that up again in front of anyone. But deep down he was worried that her condition could deteriorate if that continued. So he decided to take Steph into confidence so that both of them could talk to Alex about getting Dora's mind off the incident by enrolling her for a vocational course.

Stephanie was in her room talking to a friend on the phone when Tim gently knocked on her door. The door was open so she looked up and seeing him, she straightened hanging up after a short while.

"What's up, Timmy Toes? Gremlin kicked you out of your room again?"

"No, it's not that. Thankfully, the gremlin accompanied Bruce to Wayne Tech today."

Her green eyes twinkled,"ah let me guess, you had a fight with Jay... Must I remind you that it will be the fourth time this week and it's only Tuesday. So many days more to go and I have a feeling the fight count will only rise."

"No, I actually wanted to talk..." But his voice trailed off for she had interrupted him again.

"Talk? You? I'm perfectly certain now that your system has definitely gone outdated," then raising her voice a little, she called, "hey Alfred, Timmy needs coffee!"

His blue eyes flashed in slight irritation but he chose to ignore it because at that moment, he really needed Steph on his side, no matter if she continued to be a little annoying. "Stephanie, for the love of Tom Hiddleston, would you at least listen to me for one second?"

Her expression flipped over in an instant just like he has expected, "I wasn't going to but since you've brought Tom Hiddleston into this and I can't let anyone suspect my love for him... Go on, I'm listening."

"Thank you," he sat down on the chair by her desk turning it so that he was facing her.

"One second will be up soon, buddy." But noticing the completely worn out expression on her face she dropped the teasing attitude and sighed, "fine, fine. Tell me what's got you looking like a frustrated old man who's a mere second away from dying..."

"I'm worried about Dora," he knew he had to dive straight to the topic before she decided to start annoying him again, "and I want your help."

Listening to that, Steph felt slightly bad about teasing him earlier because it was clear that he was quite anxious and she knew she shouldn't have annoyed him but it had become a habit for her that she couldn't let go of.

"Oh... What happened? And how am I supposed to help you?"

Tim told her about Dora's panic attack and also told her about his idea of letting her join some sort of vocational course so her studies would keep her occupied and serve as a better distraction from all that had passed.

"And I want you to help me in convincing Alex," he resumed, "I mean I know he will agree but it will be better if we both talk to him. I've already talked to Dora and she seemed to like the idea. Well... Before she got the attack. We might have to talk to her again, I suppose, but she'll agree."

Her face was set in a thoughtful look as she was pondering over his words, "it's not a bad idea... In fact this might just be what Dora needs at the moment."

"Exactly," Tim let out a short breath of relief seeing that she had agreed with him.

"So when do you think we should talk to him?"

"This evening. The sooner the better."

She nodded, a soft smile gracing her features and she spoke after a short pause, "you really care for Dora a lot."