[50] Walking On Air

Isadora had taken admission in a baking course and her classes ended right before the busy hour started at the coffee shop. The first week was a little difficult to manage but then she adjusted quite well.

On every Friday, Dora's Coffee Haunt had an experimental display containing the samples Dora baked of all the baked items she learnt such as cakes, pastries and different types of cookies.

So far both her studies and the shop's business was going quite smoothly and with Alex cutting down on the number of his jobs, she got to spend time with him too for which she was very pleased.

It was quite unexpectedly sunny that day in Gotham city as she stepped out of the institute. All the citizens seemed to be affected by a very cheerful mood due to the pleasantly sunny weather since the city was used to gloomy rainstorms and such days were rather rare.

However, her cheerful mood brightened even more when she saw Tim waiting for her outside and she made her way to him immediately.

His radiant smile lit up his features as she approached him and entwined her hand through his, "surprise..."

She laughed lightly, "a very pleasant one, I must add."

"Even the sun decided to surprise us all today," Tim remarked as he led her to his motorbike, "and since the weather is absolutely lovely, I thought I might take you out for a little sightseeing."

"Sounds great," she smiled, taking her seat behind him on the bike, "and where exactly are we going for the sightseeing?"

"Somewhere special," he remarked vaguely though a smile was playing upon his lips, "you'll see soon."

"Looks like you have a series of surprises planned out for today."

"You could say that," he agreed.

Tim drove away from Central Gotham and to the lesser known parts of the city, almost out of its boundaries. Dora noticed how the urban landscape had started to fade as the road narrowed and lush greenery began to start on both sides of the path.

The bike came to a halt in a lush green meadow with flowers dancing in the breeze. The place seemed so different from the gloomy character of Gotham and Bludhaven that Dora was completely speechless for a moment.

"Welcome to our family's favorite picnic spot," Tim announced as the two got off the bike and he offered her his hand to take.

"It's beautiful," she breathed inhaling the fresh air deeply, "are we really in Gotham?"

"Nope," he shook his head, a smile playing upon his lips, "if it was Gotham, it wouldn't have been so pleasant."

"True enough."

A light laugh escaped her as he tucked a pale yellow flower in her hair.

"So how did you guys find this beautiful place?" She asked as they sat down under a tree that provided a cool shade from the sun, rays filtering in through the thick canopy of the fresh green leaves.

"Dick used to come here for picnics with his parents before Bruce had taken him in," Tim explained, "then one day he took all of us to this place when it was his turn to choose the picnic spot for our rare family trips out of Gotham. And since it's so calm and refreshing, all of us loved it and have been visiting ever since then."

"It really is very refreshing," she remarked, closing her eyes as she took in another deep gulp of the freshness of the atmosphere, leaning against the trunk of the tree.

Tim took his time in observing her, a soft look of adoration evident in his bright blue eyes. Isadora Beaumont had become the light in his otherwise dull life riddled with responsibilities and burdens that he managed to disguise from the rest very well.