[16] Reasons To Dislike Red Color

Stephanie had not forgotten her bet to Tim, much to his disappointment. So when he turned up in the coffee shop at last after days of purposefully avoiding it, a camera flash greeted him right as he stepped in.

"Rise and shine, sleepy bird!"

The glare from the camera had disrupted Tim's vision for a slight moment, "whose camera is this? Your grandma's?"

"Just because we all have phones now doesn't mean you can go about insulting my camera. It's way better."

"How much megapixels exactly then?" His fingers rubbed at his eyes as he blinked again to see clearly.

She shrugged, "none of your business."

"You taking pictures of me is my business though," he remarked before grabbing the notepad and jotting down his preferred flavor, "where's Dora though?"

"Ah I see, missing her already?"

He looked up at her with a weary yet pointed look, "seriously, Steph?"

"Oh there she is," her green eyes twinkled in amusement as Tim straightened immediately, "look Dora, the coffeeholic is still alive!"

"Pleasure," Isadora smiled back, taking the order, "how are you doing, Tim?"

"Great," he mumbled, fully aware that Stephanie was noticing each and ever movement of his, "could have been better if your best friend left me alone for a while but the fates have never been in my favor."

"Poor you," she laughed and a small smile crept over to Tim's face as well.

But the moment was short lived for another flash went off as Steph took a picture again. "Evidence number 7," she smiled triumphantly at him, holding the camera out of his reach.

"Stop," he hissed hoping Dora wouldn't notice the peculiarity of the situation.

But as he had mentioned earlier, the fates were never in his favor for Dora asked, "is something wrong?"

He was still glaring at Stephanie who shrugged nonchalantly as the two replied in unison, "no..."

There was a brief silence in which Tim's order arrived and he could have left for his seat if not for Stephanie blocking his path with her arm placed around his shoulders, forcing him not to escape.

"Then why do I get the feeling that you two are up to something but don't want me to find out?" Her brown eyes flickered in suspicion as she looked at them both.

"Has anyone ever told you that you're way better than Dora the Explorer?" Tim mumbled, "like y'know how you find clues to everything? Resourceful and smart but a little unnerving."

"Number 8!" Steph's hand had collided with his back in a rough but much familiar gesture that almost made him spill his coffee. That was exactly what Jason did each time he saw Tim having his daily caffeine dosage. And the reaction ensued then was not much different either.

"Stephanie, cut it out," he spoke up, eyes glaring threateningly at the girl who was laughing as if he had told him a joke, "or you'll be paying for my coffee for the rest of my life."

"Heaven forbid. I'm already broke."

Isadora had no idea what was going on for like eighty percent of the time whenever she was in their company. But by then she had learnt to ignore their weird antics and instead found their arguments quite amusing. "What's so funny?"

"He was flirting again," she looked over at Dora and remarked as if it was the most obvious thing ever.

Tim's jaw dropped open in surprise, "what in the marvelous world of cocoa beans... I am not, I was not... I was just stating..."