Late Nights & Mark 1

Avery hadn't talked to Pepper in three weeks. She was beyond pissed that her own mother lied to her. So she spent those hours working on the one thing she told her not to do. The suit was coming along nicely. She had to make all the parts, or order off the black market. Yeah, it was illegal, yet so is bootleg musicals but people still do it. Avery used her own computer and was able to disguise her IP from the FBI, CIA, and the rest of the government, but there was one she didn't know about, but she didn't know that. 

"Hey JANE, you up?"

"For you ma'am, always." The AI replied.

"Honestly, I'm-I'm shocked." She said sarcastically.

She put in her earbuds, blasting some rock music, and began to work. She made sure to grab her "phone charger" and to organize it to work like an arc reactor power source, plugging it in gave her a sense of satisfaction. She was really doing this. Like her ears could take anymore, when Back In Black came on, she danced around the shop for a little bit jamming to the music. 

When all she had to do was screw on the face plate to the mask, she decided to call Peter. 

"Hey Pete!" She heard the boy groan.

"Screw off, Avery. It is three in the morning, what could you possibly be doing?"

"I finished it." She released a breath, and heard shuffling on the other end of the phone.

"Be there in five." And he hung up. Avery Potts was about to make history, headlines, and maybe if she was lucky, she would make money. She waited outside her lab for Peter, and when she saw him jogging up from the back gate, Avery ran up to hug him. He wrapped his arms around her fast.

"Peter. Peter, I did it. I freaking did it." She mumbled into his chest, he smiled.

"I know, Avery. I'm proud of you." 

"I made the first Iron Man suit, which wasn't made by Tony Stark."

"Wanna test it?" Peter grinned, Avery gave him a look of "Who do you think I am?"

"Peter, come on. It is three in the morning, freezing cold, and I should be asleep. Of course I want to try it!" 

-----------

"I swear to God, Stark. You better not be drunk."

That was what Anthony Stark woke up to at three fifteen in the morning.

"Listen, Nick--"

"Fury."

"Listen Nick," He heard Fury curse at him, "I will have you know I was perfectly fine in my bed, quite sober too, before you called. So what in the world are you talking about?"

"So you are not currently flying what looks like your Mark 7 suit, just outside of New York?"

Tony felt all the blood in his face leave. Who recreated his suit? 

"Gotta go, Fury." And he hung up, got his suit on, and reached for the stars.

-------

"Avery. Potts. Do. Not. Scare. Me. Like. That. Again." Peter scolded his best friend.

"Lighten up, Petey. It was just me almost getting hit by a car. Nothing big." She eased through the intercom.

"JANE, make me fly."

"Playing I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly."

"Thanks, hon."

"Noth--you know what? Screw it. Okay where are you?"