Gardening

"WOOHOO, BABY!" Avery screamed as she climbed higher into the sky. She missed this, the thrill of being with the clouds, the feeling of flying with no restrictions. Avery didn't take the suit out a lot because of the last encounter, but she felt ready if they were to cross paths again. Yes, JANE was pointing out some things that needed to be fixed, and yes, Avery did almost get hit by an actual airplane, but did that stop her? No way. She was out spreading her wings in no time. 

"JANE, turn on my flight playlist!" She directed.

"Right away, ma'am. Playing your hard rock playlist." The AI answered while TNT by AC/DC begin to play. She bobbed her head to the music, loving her number one band. But other things were happening in a different place.

---------

"Stark, what did I tell you about sending out the Iron Legion?" A furious Fury yelled through the phone. 

Tony, baffled as why he was asking, replied, "To not do it unless an emergency, Ragetti. And there are none scheduled, or unexpected."

Fury rolled his eyes and corrected the billionaire, "I have an eyepatch, not a glass eye, Stark." Tony laughed, and smiled.

"I'm surprised you got the reference, Peter's been making me watch the whole series,"

"Tony, shut up. I don't need to know about a pirate movie. I need to know why you have another suit out." 

"I don't."

"Then why is there one out and about flying itself like it has its own mind?"

Tony knew exactly what it was.

"Then get it to join you, or get it behind bars. You know too well this suit is a danger."

"Yep, sure old man." And he hung up. Tony was getting fed up by this suit imposter. He was bothered that even Peter knew the girl, or he thought it was a girl. He needed to take it down, so he can protect his family. Protect Avery. Tony didn't know why he felt so connected to Avery. When she first showed up, he just wanted to help her in any way. He allowed her to work for him way before he ever let Peter. Either way, he just took a liking to the young lady, and with this suit out, everything could be jeopardized.

"JARVIS, I'm going out," He announced.

"Following a threat, sir?"

"You know me too well, honey." He sassed,"Make sure to run as many recognition tests you can. I want to find out who this person is."

"Yessir." And Stark pressed his arc reactor core, making the thousands of nano-particles swarm around his body.

"Show time, Iron Women."

-------

"Ma'am."

Avery was done with her AI always telling her things wrong, she just wanted her to enjoy the air.

"JANE, silently record all problems, I'm starting to get annoyed."

The AI was persistent, "I don't think you should--"

"Okay, did you not hear me? I don't care how big the damage is, just let me get home first. I really nee--" JANE was done with this.

"Avery. I am trying to tell you, your known opposer is coming up behind you. You are locked under the targeting system."

Avery's hands got sweaty, she couldn't even last ten minutes before her father came up behind her. She turned around and tried to fend him off, Tony was taking none of it. Avery tried to blast him with her own repulsers but they were sparking. Great, now I have more things to fix... she thought. He blasted his repulser into her face, making some of her faceplate smash into her eye. Making the smart decision not to fight in the air, Avery headed down to a cliff face. Once they landed, Stark opened his faceplate. 

"I see we meet once more, Mr. Stark..." 

"Yeah, no. I'm done trying to be nice. What do you want and who are you?"

Avery chuckled, "Cutting to the chase, aren't we? No setting the scene for what will happen if I don't give myself up?"

"I'm not going to be witty, Iron Women. I want you to--"

"Is that what they call me now?" She said smirking, "Iron Women. Has a nice ring, no?"

"Come on, girl. I can get Cap out here too. But I can't have someone who isn't on our side be loose. There are people I love, and having you here in the open is putting them at risk." Avery thought about this for a second. Tony knew he loved his family, or whatever they call the mess of people, but saying that made him see he would sacrifice everything, for them to live. The girl didn't want to hurt anybody.

"What if I told you another clue? Would that ease your conscience?"

"Wouldn't break it." Tony said curtly, "But why won't you join me instead? Help people, don't make them live in fear of you hurt--"

Avery snapped, tired of being accused, "I DIDN'T HURT ANYONE!" She screamed at the tin can, blasting him backwards, "Just because I put on the suit to be like you, doesn't mean that I am going to join you. But it doesn't mean I will go against you."

Tony just shook his head, "That's not how the world works. I got some people in high places who would love your bounty."

"People want me dead?" Avery whispered in disbelief.

"Kid, you're like me. And two of us? We could win any fight. Of course they want you dead."

She kept stepping away from Tony. She knew people would look for her, but never to kill her. Avery couldn't look at the man. She had let down her father. Feigning sarcasm in her voice, she continued to talk to him.

"Well, Mr. Stark. I'm going to go visit my friend. Have a nice night!"

Wanting a lead Tony pushed, "Who might that be?"

She powered up her suit, "Avery Potts, tin can." And she blasted into the night sky, as fast as she could to get home. Avery wanted this suit off, and quick.

Tony however was panicking. She knew Avery? Would she hurt her? I have to go check on her. He assumed that she would be asleep since it was 2 am, giving this foe the perfect opportunity to hurt her. Quickly flying high up above the cityscape, he made his way to his 'daughters' house, he dared to call it. He landed in their front yard with a loud bang, waking Pepper up. She greeted a distressed boss at the door.

"Tones, are you okay?" Pepper asked worridly, but got even more alarmed at his scared expression "What's going on?!"

Tony just brushed her aside and made his way to Avery's room. His eye's were wide and alert, ready to fight the suit at any moment. When he got to the desired destination, he froze. 

It was empty. Where is she? Did the Iron Women get to her?

He sprinted back down the stairs and grabbed Pepper, "Where is she, Pep? I need to see, Avery."

Pepper still beyond confused answered, "I saw her outside, why? Tony, I need you to tell me what's up!" But again, she was ignored.

Iron Man rushed to the back of the house, and paled when he heard a clatter in the shed. This could only be something bad. Pulling up a blaster from his suit, Tony quietly opened the porch door, only to let out a breath. There he saw Avery, with gardening gloves on holding a shovel.

"Oh hey, Mr. Stark! Just doing some gardening!" She informed, Tony looked at her suspiciously.

"At 2:15 in the morning?" Avery shrugged.

"Was going to forget..."

"Okay, kid. Whatever you say." And he relaxed knowing that the girl who he saw as a daughter, was safe and sound.