Family Dinner

"Pete, whatcha doing tonite?"

"Uh, Mr. Stark I plan to meet with Avery again, sir." The kid responded, excited to spend the night with his girlfriend.

"Yeah, tell you what. Scratch that, and bring her over to the tower. I've got the gang here." Stark said, Peter didn't talk, trying to process what he just said, "Kid, you there?"

"Uh-uh, yeah! I mean, sure I can take her." He smiled, she was going to lose it.

"Great see you at 8." Tony stated, Peter began to say thank you, but Tony already hung up. 

"Avery is going to love this!" He yelled to no one, while swinging in the street. He finally made it to her house, where Pepper was. She greeted him at the door and told him that Avery was in the back. Peter made his way back and eventually found his girl working on the suit. He frowned for a split second. She isn't really going to use it again, will she? After last time? Giving her the benefit of the doubt, he walked up and put his hands on her eyes.

"Guess who?" He said trying to make his voice deep, it didn't work.

"Well only a soldier can make that voice, so Captain American?" She replied sarcastically while turning around, seeing Parker scowl, "Oh stop it, Capsicle isn't as cute as you, most of the time." She whispered that last part. Peter laughed.

"What's so funny?" Avery questioned, Peter waved his hand.

"It's just, Mr. Stark says the same thing to him. You two could be related!" 

Avery looked down and fiddled with her fingers, "You have no idea..." She whispered.

The boy was too excited to tell her the news, to hear what she said. 

"So, Avery talking about Captain America...what if you got to call him Capsicle to his face?" He prepped, Avery nodded taking in the information and waited for her to react. 

Which was met with a scream.

"PETER BENJAMIN PARKER! YOU BETTER NOT BE LYING OR SO HELP ME GOD!" Avery jumped into his arms and almost strangled him. Peter laughed and squeezed her just as much. 

"Avery, not it's not a joke! Stark called me earlier and said you should come over. It's where I work so I don't see how it's not a good idea."

"Yes, yes, yes! A million times yes! When do we go?"

"Tonight? Tony said 8, so if I can bring you over at 7 then I can introduce you to everyone." Avery just looked at him with loving eyes, then at the clock. 

"Well, we got two hours. How about we work on the suit?" Peter again, frowned a big, "Pete, what's wrong?" Peter knew she would get defensive if he called her out, but wanting her to be safe he needed to.

"Avery, I don't know about you doing this again. Last time, my boss almost killed you! I can't have that again. Why don't you join Tony?" He was really worried, and Avery saw that in him. She wanted to do this suit, wanted to help the world. But joining with Mr. Stark would mean that she would be clamped under him, trying to get all the information from her. That could only lead to him finding out about...well, her.

"Peter, Peter. Calm down." She put her hand on his cheek, "I'm not going anywhere. I'll try not to use the suit, but this is my life's work. I don't want to fight Tony anymore, but I can't be controlled." Peter understood, and put his hands up in surrender. 

"Just don't get hurt, babe." He went to hold her again.

"I won't." She mumbled.

--------