Back Up or Stow Away?

A/N: Is this chapter very very short? Yes. Is it because of writer's block? Yes. Am I sorry for my crush on Tom Holland? No, sorry mom. 

Avery's eyes shot open. She could hear the team getting ready for the mission. Avery knew she wasn't exactly mentally stable after the night before, but hey, she was a Gen Z kid and none of them are stable. Bottom line, she made a plan to get onto the plane. 

She tried to get up when she noticed a red and blue arm around her waist. Peter's arm. She sighed, smiled and then stroke his cheek before getting up and pushing his arm away. Peter felt the small movement and his eyes fluttered open to meet Avery sneaking to the closet.

"Where are you going?" He croaked out, wanting to make sure she wasn't sneaking away. Avery popped her head from behind the door.

"I'm getting changed for my run! Don't come over here!" She called back, Peter however had mixed feelings. Going back there sounded mighty nice but he decided against it. He looked at the clock on her beside table. 6:42. He cursed.

"Avery!" He called out panicking, for he didn't want Mr. Stark to get mad at him. 

"Yeah??" She called back, hiding in the closet. She heard him fumbling around and quietly laughed.

"The mission starts soon. I-I gotta go!" Peter quickly got up and straightened everything out. It was easy given the fact he sleep in his suit the night before. She finishes stuffing in her all black fighting clothes to wear later in her bag and distractedly answered.

"Okay, babe! Love you!" She said, her heart clenching in happiness when she realised that she gets to say that everyday. Avery heard Peter leave soon after and she snuck her head out of the closet, looking around. No one. Her feet made small, quiet steps to the door to make sure no one else was around. Sure enough she was right. She put on her running shoes, grabbed her bag, and went down to the lobby. She made sure everyone sees her leave for the run, walking by Tony, Steve, Nat and everyone else.

"Hey kid!" Tony greeted with a smile, Avery went over to give him a big hug.

"Morning, daddy," Avery replies, feigning her voice to sound tired.

"What are you all dressed up for?" He remarked in a sarcastic tone. She gave him a fake smile.

"Haha, very funny." Avery grabbed her headphones from the counter, and picked her bag up again, "I'm going running," She finished, trying to get out the door. 

"Just be home before Pepper comes home or I'm screwed!" Tony yelled over to her. Avery smiled.

"Love you, dad. See you when you are back from your mission!" She saw Peter walking in and went up to give him a small kiss, "Bye, Petey!" She backpeddaled away when she saw her dad look to Peter.

"Petey?" He teases, trying not to laugh. Peter blushes and looks down.

"She said she liked it!" He tried to reason, Avery laughed at the bickering and went out side into the busy streets of New York. 

...or at least that's what the Avenger's thought. 

Avery ran a couple blocks down away, making her way to a small restaurant. She went in and politely asked to use the bathroom, which they allowed. Avery used this to change into her outfit for the mission. She settled on putting her hair up in a high pony tail to keep it out of her face. Her clothes consisted of a pair of black cargo pants, which cinched at her waist, making her look ✨skinny✨, a simple black t-shirt, a pair of dark sunglasses and her running shoes. Nothing on this outfit screamed secret agent, but she didn't know how they would hold up in a fight.

"If I even get on the ship," She mumbled to herself. Avery cleaned up the mess she made in the bathroom, grabbed a soda, tipping them generously, then strolled back down to the tower. As she got closer to her home, she threw away the drink and got ready to sneak on.