"I--uh" "Spit it out, Peter"

Avery Potts, now recently finding out it was Stark, was not very emotional. Sure she had her mental breakdowns, but that was tress, and lies. But when Peter reached for her hand, she didn't know what to do. Should she hold it waffle, or pancake? If she pulled away, would he be offended? She eventually gave up, and just awkwardly held his pinky and ring finger.

Peter Parker, soon to admit to his crush, was internally freaking out. How does he say it? May said to be straight up, okay fine. Peter's thoughts were racing until Avery broke the silence.

"So Peter, what have you got for me?" She asked with excitement, Peter grinned.

"We are going to the museum downtown!" Avery squealed and hugged him.

"PETER! You know I have been wanting to go, I'm so excited to see the new Avengers exhibit! I love you!" She screamed with delight, the boy just side hugged her and left his arm hanging around her waist. Little thing he learned from Stark. She didn't move, so he assumed it was fine. They continued to walk and get to the museum. Peter pulled out their tickets and the guide nodded at him to go through. She whispered something in his ear but Avery couldn't hear it. Her insides bubbled up a little, she didn't like her being so close. They walked on and she glared at the woman, who gave her a confused look. Peter led Avery straight to the Captain America section.

"I will be right back, Avi. I promise, just stay here." He whispered smirking, she trusted him with everything so she gave him her affirmation and stayed. It was about five minutes when she decided to text Peter. No reply.She heard a cough behind her.

"Peter I was about to send a search par--" She was met with a very tall man, with piercing blue eyes and blonde hair. She, like when she met Tony, was at a loss of words. She was standing in front of idol #2. Unknowing of what to do she put two fingers at her forehead and tipped them to him.

"Hi, Mr. Rogers, sir." Steve just chuckled, and gave her a note.

I was told you liked a challenge, so here it is. To find me, and the food, you have to follow the little clues. In each section of the Avengers exhibit, is a person with a hat and sunglasses. Each of them are the color of the Avenger. Find each one to get the letters, then put them in order. Good luck!

Letter #3: R

Love,

Peter

She looked back at the Captain. 

"He did all of this? For me?" Steve nodded and put his hat back on.

"He seems to be very taken by you, miss. If he hadn't told me otherwise, I would think you were a couple. See you soon, miss Avery." And he walked out of the museum, That. Was. Such. A. Power. Move. She thought as Avery made her way to the Black Widow section. Sure enough, there was the terrible disguise. She went up to hi to the assassin, who just smiled and gave her the note.

You have really pretty hair.

Letter #1: G

Love,

Peter

"He told me your hair is one of the prettiest he had seen, what a thing to say about someone you love." She taunted, Avery scoffed.

"Peter doesn't love me..."

"Sure, mini-Stark." 

"Um, I'm sorry what did you call me?" Avery sassed, quickly correcting the behavior, "Sorry, Mr. Romanoff." Nat waved it off.

"Most of the team calls you that because you act just like him, or from the stories I have heard. She chuckles and says goodbye, meeting Steve at the front. For the most part the notes were what took Avery's breath away. Yes, she was meeting her heros, and yes they all called her after her real father unknowingly, but every single time, the Avenger said one thing. 

"Peter sure loves you," Hawkeye said, Letter #6: N.

"Oooh, he has fallen head over heels for you," Tony admitted, she awkwardly avoided him, but he noticed. Letter #4: D

"Peter seems to be very happy with you, Avery." Banner, freaking Bruce Banner, thought Peter like me, she replied.

"I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster, by the way." Mangaed to get out, Banner smiled, and awkwardly nodded.

 Letter #5: E

She went to the Thor exhibit, but didn't see anyone with the disguise. Instead, there was a man with an eyepatch and black trench coat. He look very repulsed to be there but gave her the note.

"Can't believe I let him make me do this..." And he stormed away mumbling things about some company he needs to run. 

Once you find out where I am, come to me. I will be waiting for you, with one more surprise...

Letter #2: A

Love,

Peter

Avery wrote all of the letters down and in order: Garden, they spelled. 

How cute...she thought and made her way there.

---------

Peter's heart was beating faster and faster. What if the team told her bad things about him, what if she didn't like the notes and left, what if she--

"Peter?" He stopped, and turned on his heels towards her. He waited for her to continue but she didn't. Avery just walked around the garden space. Peter had made sure there was no one there, as Mr. Stark paid the museum, and placed a picnic in the middle of the garden. May and Peter tried to make some fancy thing, but it set the fire alarm off, so they settled on sandwiches from Delmar's. He had spent that whole time she was getting the notes, he worried about this moment. Avery turned to the boy and gave him the biggest smile. His heart jumped, she was perfect. He walked up to her and took her hand, but she didn't move, she looked down at the floor. 

"I really can't believe you did this for me, Peter. I don't deserve it." She mumbled, if he was being honest, he would do a lot of stuff for her.

Peter lifted her chin, "You are my best friend, my rock, Avery. You deserve everything, the world, and I would do everything to give you that." She beamed and slid her arms around him. He heard her say something into his chest, but he couldn't quite hear it.

"What, Avery?" She took another breath.

"Peter," she started, "Do you love me?"