Nap Time

There was no 'Avery, what do you mean?'

There was no 'Let's go tell the others...'

There was only Nat wrapping her arms around Avery as she sobbed, and sobbed, and sobbed. And she was grateful for it. Natasha kept stroking her head, as if Avery was a young child, yet she didn't push it away. Everyone needed a moment to be one, and Starks had to stay strong. Well, she was done with that. When Avery eventually pulled away, Nat looked into her eyes.

Avery sighed, "Don't look at me like that," Nat was confused.

"Like what?"

"Like I'm some broken case! I'm telling you, that nightmare was real. It was a prediction," She gasped and rubbed a hand on her mouth. "Dad and Peter are going to die, and I won't be able to stop it," She got off the bed and began to pace.

"Avery! What are you talking about?" Nat pressured, trying to get every single detail out.

Avery took a deep breath and sat back down next to the red head, "I've been having these dreams. They seem so real, but they aren't possible. Peter was first, a couple of days ago. He was dusted away, and I-I called out to him, but he was on a screen. He died, HE DIED, NAT! AND I WATCHED HIM DOING NOTHING! DO YOU KNOW HOW THAT FEELS?"

Nat looked at her with a hard stare, "You know that I do," She answered flashing back to seeing Fury dying on the surgical table. Aver awkwardly continued.

"Then, a man next to me told it was fiction. The guy looked exactly like Peter, it didn't make sense. Peter died and yet he was right next to me," She recalled, Nat eyed her.

"Was anything different?"

"Yes, he had an English accent, called me love. But he also said my dad was Robert. Nat, I don't know any Robert..."

"Okay, Peter is fine. Your father is fine, but I need to know about the dream you just had,"

"I, uh um," Avery paused, she was reliving it in her head, and Nat saw that. She quickly brought her back into a hug. Avery relaxed and began her story.

"It was another theatre, but this time everyone was there, everyone who I watched die was sitting right next to me. I looked around more, and I was wearing a beautiful dress. As if I was dressing up to watch my dad die, a sick mess of a game. And D-dad was on screen, with stones lining his arm. He-he snapped his fingers, and half of his body was burnt. Then he was talking to Peter," Nat cut her off.

"I thought he died,"

"He was back somehow, I d-don't know how or why. But they talked, and they-" She looked at Nat with the most pain anyone could muster. Her eyes were the epitome of loneliness and longing, as if for a love one who is gone. 

"Go on, Ry..."

"They said I was dead, that I vanished and hadn't returned. So I got up, and I screamed at the screen. My vocal chords were strained and my cheeks were flooded with tears but I kept yelling for them,"

"Then you woke up,"

"Then I woke up, yes."

Natasha's heart broke for this girl. She had to witness her father, her boyfriend, and hear about her dying. Avery was startled by the knock at the door.

"Avery?" A small voice asked, she looked up and let out a gigantic breath of release. As she looked at Peter, his eyes were red from crying, and his mouth was quivering, as if threatening to release his wails once more. Nat got up and whispered in her ear.

"Stay strong, I will be back later," And she left the two lovebirds alone. As soon as she was out of the room, Peter immediately ran towards his love. She was his one and only, and he was hers. Avery stood up and held on to his navy sweatshirt as he crushed her in a hug. Both began to cry, until Avery looked up at him. She released an arm to pull his head down to hers, capturing his lip for a sweet moment. When they broke, they rested their foreheads on the other's. 

"You keep getting hurt,"

"Peter, it's going to happen, I'm a superhero now," Avery attempted to joke, Peter shook his head.

"No, you don't get it," He said softly, "If we go on a mission, you are staying here, I can't lose you,"

"What makes you think I won't lose you? Sorry, mister, but I am with you every second of the way!"

He chuckled and led her to the bed. Peter laid down slowly opening his arms for her to slide under the covers and snuggle up to him. Avery graciously took the offer. They stayed there for quite sometime, viewing the world from each other's arms, and it was peaceful. Until Peter felt water, running down his arms.

"Avery, hey, hey, why are you crying, love?" She let out an even bigger heave.

"Love!" She cried,"That's what the man in my dream said to me, love,"

Peter sat up, "Avi, what man? What dream?" She asked, concern lacing his voice.

"I promised I wouldn't say anything," She started," But I had two dreams where, in one, I watched you die," Peter's face relaxed and he held her face in his hand.

"Is that why you are so worried for me?" She nodded, he sighed and held Avery tight,"What about the other dream?" He heard her take in a sharp breath.

"I don't want to talk about it, Peter." Then she stressed and began to ramble,"Nothing against you, I just--"

Peter cut her off by kissing her lips softly, "You don't need to tell me anything, no matter what it is. I love you, and I want you to be comfortable with saying something, not feeling forced,"

Avery looked up at him, "Thank you, Peter. Thank you,"

They went silent.

"Peter, don't leave me, please," She begged, Peter was confused, attempting to understand where this came from. Nonetheless, he nodded his head.

"I'm not going anywhere," They waited there for a minute before Avery said one more thing.

"I love you, too, Peter,"

He laughed and booped her nose.

"Glad we are on the same page again..."