Chapter 13

Zhan and Yibo stood there on the roof top, facing each other, with half a meter distance between them. The sun shone brightly and the warm wind tried to cuddle both their bodies.

There was a lot of choas down there at the auditorium where the event was being held. People walked around here and there contemplating about the incident that took place minutes ago. Zhan's life would have been in great danger if it wasn't for Yibo to run in and save Zhan at the right time.

But, Zhan and Yibo didn't care much about what's happening down there as they stood there on the rooftop, facing each other.

"What? What did you just say? I don't think I heard you properly. " Zhan asked with an uncertain expression on his face.

"Zhan... I know it's hard to believe, but you have to trust me. " Yibo said, still looking tensed and worried.

"I trust you, Yibo. Tell me what it is. " Zhan said trying to regain his calm posture.

"I can see your death, Zhan. "
Yibo once again said in a confidence yet confused tone.

"What? " Zhan furrowed his brows and took a step back.

"You must be kidding, Yibo. " Zhan gave a fake chuckle as he looked at Yibo's eyes, which said him that he wasn't lying.
Zhan's heart thumped hard against his chest. He tried to speak but no words came out of his mouth.

"I thought it was all a stupid senseless dream, Zhan. But, that dream actually came true. " Yibo took a long breath in order to stabilize his racing heart.

"What do you mean, Yibo? " Zhan asked looking at Yibo's face.

"The first day I met you, I had a dream about you, Zhan. And you... You died in that dream. The next day during the freshers party, do you remember I pleaded you not to go on to the stage? " Yibo asked looking at Zhan's confused face and Zhan just nodded.

"It was because everything I saw in my dream the previous night came true the next day. Just everything, Zhan. Every single conversation, everything. " Yibo said.

"Is that why you tried to stop me from going on the stage? " Zhan asked and Yibo nodded.

"But, nothing happened on that day, Yibo. The event went on smoothly without any obstruction. " Zhan said.

"Yes, Zhan. That's what made me think of it as a stupid dream. But... " Yibo trailed off.

"But what, Yibo? " Zhan asked.

"The same things happened today, Zhan. But I failed to observe them. The conversation which I had with my brother this morning was similar to the one in that dream of mine. And... The way I surprised you in the morning... It was you who did that in my dream. You had stood behind me and had asked me whom I was looking for and many such coincidences, Zhan. At back stage, do you remember what you said to me? " Yibo asked Zhan who was looking soo shocked and confused.

"You said you'll go on stage and bless them with your soothing voice. That's exactly what you had said in my dream and back then on the freshers day too. " Yibo said.

"In that dream, the light fell on you when you were about to start singing. That was why I tried to stop you on that day. But I don't know why nothing happened back then. Today, when the realization about my dream hit me hard, I looked up and saw the light above you dangling on your head and that was when I ran towards you. " Yibo explained everything that had happened.

Zhan stayed silent for a while trying to analyze what exactly Yibo meant. Yibo just stood there looking at Zhan's face.

"Then... That day... When you asked me not to go with Zhuocheng... " Zhan asked in a confused tone.