Chapter 37

The wolves howled and the dogs cried. The birds hid themselves in their nests and the trees danced vigorously to the rhythm of the harsh wind. Darkness engulfed the world.

Jun confidently stood there as he hid his Xian behind him. Xian too glared at the direction from where the eeriness was oozing out. Yeo stood next to Jun. It looked as if he was ready to protect Jun and Xian from whatever is going to happen.

The reapers surrounded the entire house. Jun smirked as he glared at them, making them take a few steps back.

That was when he heard the voice. The commanding voice which he had respected up until then.

"It's game over, Jun. " The voice echoed through the entire house as a white light appeared to showcase the man in black.

Jun smirked widely as he took a step towards that man.

"You're wrong! " Jun said in a low voice.
"The game... has just started. "

"HanguangJun! " Yama yelled.
"Do you know how big a sin you have committed? "

"Sin? Me? What sin have I committed? " Jun asked with an innocent smile.

"HanguangJun! Is this really you? Look how much you have changed just because of this one man! " Yama pointed at Xian.

"Finish him! " Yama yelled.

Jun's eyes widened when he saw two reapers approach Xian in the speed of light.

But, no one can ever beat their master. Jun quickly pulled out his Bichen and looked at Xian.

Xian understood what Jun meant. Just like in their previous life, they didn't need words to understand each other. Just a glance was enough for them to know what's going on in the other's mind.

Xian bent down as soon as the reapers approached him with their swords and Bichen finished off it's work in seconds. The two reapers disappeared into the thin air within the blink of an eye.

"That's the answer that you receive if you try to lay a finger on my Xian. " Jun said.

The other reapers who witnessed this moved back as fear took over their entire body.

Yama was enraged by this act of Jun. He took out his whip and threw it in Jun's direction but the whip stopped in mid air as another power held it tight.

Jun looked at Yeo and Yeo flashed him a smile.

"Wang Yeo! " Yama yelled as he used his power to push Yeo. Yeo flew in air and his body crashed on the hard floor.

"Yeo! " Jun called in a tensed voice.

Yeo slowly lifted his head and looked at Jun and Xian. He looked at their worried faces and flashed them a small smile.

"I-I'm fine... " Yeo said in a soft voice which was barely audible.

"You--- " Jun's blood boiled as he turned to look at Yama. But he was a bit late.

Yama used his powers to chain Jun and Xian. They tried to break themselves free from the heavy metal chains, but it wasn't that easy.

"Make them kneel! " Yama said.

A few reapers approached them, but backed off as soon as Jun's gaze fell on them.

"Useless! " Yama yelled as he opened his fist and threw something in Jun's direction.

It soon took the shape of a metal rod and hit hard on Jun's knees, making him kneel.

"Jun! " Xian called as he kneeled beside him and held him tight.
Xian's blood boiled as he glared at Yama. He was about to take out his chenqing when Jun held his hand and signalled him to stop.