Chapter 24

150 Years Ago
1870

The sun shone brightly and the birds chirped happily. The wind blew in a calm rhythm as the trees danced gracefully. Everything looked serene... Except that one house, where a lady lay on the cold floor, covered in a pool of blood. Her husband smirked looking at her pathetic state. She pleaded in a low voice. She asked him not to kill her. But he just kicked her bruised body once again before walking out of the house and locking the door behind.

She wanted to cry, but she couldn't. She looked at the closed door for one last time before taking her last breath... and that was when she heard footsteps approaching her.

She opened her eyes and slowly sat up on her knees. She looked at the direction of the footsteps and there stood a handsome man in black. Her body felt light and she felt a calm wave hit her body as soon as she saw him.

"Ana Steve

"Ana Steve. 27 years old. Born on February 2nd, 1843.
Died on 14th April, 1870 at 7th hour 30 minutes.
Cause of death excessive bleeding. "
The handsome man read out the details from the red envelope which was in his hand.
"You're the said person right? "
He asked.

Ana looked back and that was when she saw her lifeless body laying on the ground.

"A-Am I dead? " Ana asked.

He gave her a slight nod.

"I'm here to collect your soul. "
He said.

No sooner did she give him a weak nod, he disappeared with her into the thin air, just leaving a bit of black smoke behind, which soon vanished.

They were soon in a big hall. Ana sat on a chair in front of the table and the man took his seat in front of her as he poured her a cup of tea.

"Drink it. " He said as he placed the cup in front of her.

"I... I thought he loved me... " She said in a weak voice.

"He'll receive what he deserve. Everyone pays for their sins. No one can escape. " He said.

Ana just sat there, staring at the cup of tea.

"What happens when I drink this? " Ana asked.

"It'll remove your memories from this life. " He said.

Ana gave a slight nod and did as told.

........................................................................

The sun sent it's softest rays into that room. It seemed like even it didn't want to wake him up, but just wanted to steal a glance at his beautiful face.