Chapter 27

"I'll protect you, no matter what. "

The words fell off Jun's mouth, even before he could realise what he was actually saying.

A loud thunder storm was heard as soon as Jun completed his sentence. Xian jerked because of the loud noise and came closer to Jun.

Without thinking much Jun just pulled Xian against him and wrapped him in his embrace.

Xian felt warm. Very warm. And so did Jun. They felt a very strong deja vu. There hearts raced and beat in the same rhythm. They were completely lost in the moment until a black smoke evolved right next to Jun and pulled him away from Xian.

That's when both Jun and Xian came out of their daze and realized that they were in each other's embrace. They both looked at each other's face, their hearts trying to pull them closer again. It seemed like their hearts totally forgot their function and started acting like a magnet, as the force of attraction was growing stronger and stronger for an unknown reason.

Jun tried walking closer to Xian again and so did Xian. But Jun's movement was brought to an abrupt halt when he heard the voice of the smoke.

"HanguangJun! " The voice yelled.

It didn't take much time for Jun to realize who it was.

"Wang Yeo? " Jun asked looking at the smoke this time.

"Come with me. " Yeo said in a angry tone.

Jun was about to disappear  into the thin air with Yeo, when he turned towards Xian to look at him for one last time before he could evanesce. An expression of longing reflected in both their glassy eyes as a single tear escaped Xian's eye before Jun disappeared into the thin air.

Jun vanished right in front of Xian's eyes, just like the previous night. Xian soon collapsed on the floor, hugging his knees tight. Tears flooded both his eyes and an unknown pain wrapped his heart.

"Who's he? Why's he doing this to me? Why... Why does my heart race when I see him? Why am I sad that he's gone now? Why am I missing him already? Why... Why did his warmth feel soo familiar? Why do I feel like drowning in his eyes? Why... Just why? He's a grim reaper after all. An angel of death who was here to collect my soul. But, why did he say that he'll protect me instead?...
HanguangJun... Who are you to me? "

........................................................................

Jun was soon dragged to the huge hall by Yeo.

"Have you lost your mind, Jun? " Yeo yelled at Jun, but Jun was in no state to listen to him. His mind... It still wandered around Xian. He felt sad for leaving Xian. A pang of remorse hit his heart. Remorse? For what? He himself doesn't know the answer for that. All he knew was that he was missing Xian and his warmth now. A tear escaped his eyes and Yeo looked at him with a shocked expression on his face.

"Jun! " Yeo said.
"Why are you crying? "

That's when Jun realised that he was actually crying. He quickly wipped his tears and looked at Yeo.

"Jun, what have you done? Have you lost your mind? " Yeo asked.

Jun stayed silent not knowing what to say.

"You gave him your word, Jun! You said you'll protect him! And the sky witnessed it. Jun, a grim reaper can never walk against his words. A grim reaper always keeps his words. But, what have you done? You are a grim reaper and not a guardian angel! Why did you say you'll protect him? That's totally opposite to the job that you do! " Yeo was very angry and worried.