Chapter 30

Jun's heart raced when he arrived at Xian's bedroom. But, an anxious wave hit him when he wasn't able to find Xian there. He wasn't even able to sense Xian's presence in that house.

Jun for once doubted his own powers. He tried to calm himself down and decided to wait for Xian. He stood there at the corner of the room and closed his eyes for a second. He tried to calm his mind and that was when he sensed the presence of a black energy in that room.

Jun abruptly opened his eyes. Now, he was sure that Xian wasn't there at that house.
'I think... I think someone was here... '
Jun thought.
'They have taken Xian. '
Jun panicked.

He decided to trace Xian using his abilities and that was when he heard chaos outside the room. He heard a female crying and two other males trying to console her in their tensed voices.

Jun was getting very nervous. He felt as if his fear was coming true. His body felt week and he felt nauseous. Jun slowly walked outside to the living room, where he saw three people.

Their backs were turned towards him, so he decided to take a few more steps so that he can see what was going on.

"A-Xian... " Sobbed the female.

Jun halted his steps as his heart was thumping very hard against his chest now. His breathing hitched when he heard the female's painful voice. Jun was scared.

He closed his eyes and slowly walked forward. He stood still when the sobs and voices were much clearer from before. Jun slowly opened his eyes to witness what was going on there.

But, he saw nothing except the three people who all had a worried expression on their face.

He looked at them carefully and he suddenly staggered back. Their faces somewhat looked very familiar to him. Especially that tall man who looked a bit calm when compared to the other two.

"A-Xian... Where did you go? " The lady sitting on the couch continued to sob.

"Jie... Don't worry... He'll be alright. " Said the other man.
"Xichen... What shall we do? "

'So... His name is Xichen... I'm sure I haven't seen him anytime before... But... Why does he look soo familiar? ' Jun wondered.

"I don't know, Cheng. Maybe... Why don't we go out and search for him? " Xichen asked.
"Ms. Yanli, what exactly happened? "

'Yanli and Cheng? Where have I heard those names before? Why... Am I getting that familiar vibe here? ' Jun wondered.

"He cried. He cried like a kid. He was completely drenched in rain. He hugged me and asked me to never leave him. I thought he had a bad dream. His body temperature was high too. He slept on my lap. After making sure that he's fast asleep, I got out of the room to prepare lunch. When I was done, I went back in to call him... But he wasn't there... I searched for him everywhere... But he was nowhere to be found. " Yanli said as tears rolled down her eyes.

"That careless idiot, where did he go? " Cheng said in a frustrated tone. He was feeling very worried to be honest. He wanted to run out and search his brother.

Jun stood their listening to their conversation so as to find some hint about where Xian was. Using his powers might help the other reapers tracking him to find him easily, so he didn't want to use his powers.

But now that he knew it wasn't possible for him to track Xian that easily, he finally decided to use his powers.

Jun closed his eyes and curled his hand into a fist. A black smoke, which was invisible to human eyes evolved around him and it soon spread all over the place. The smoke soon travelled out of the house in search of Xian.