Chapter 33

A drop of fresh water in the dry and hot desert. A ray of light in the deep dark pit. A piece of wood when drowning in the water.

That's how Wangji felt when he went to help his juniors in the Mo village.

Yes, his Wei Ying had returned.

Mo Xuanyu, one of the illegitimate sons of Jin Gaungshan (Jin clan leader) sacrificed his soul (Soul Sacrifice) to summon Wei Wuxian back to get revenge on the Mo family who ill treated him and on one other person, on his behalf.

So, the Mo Xuanyu who was present in the Mo family when the Lan juniors arrived there to chase out spirits wasn't Mo Xuanyu, it was Wei Wuxian. But, the juniors failed to recognize him as they had never seen him before.

Wei Wuxian succeeded in getting revenge for Mo Xuanyu, but there was one other person on whom Mo Xuanyu wanted to get revenge. Wei Wuxian wondered who that person was, but he found no answer.

As soon as Wangji arrived at the site, Wuxian hid as he was afraid that Wangji despises him. He was very happy when he saw Wangji. His heart raced for the first time after 16 years. He wanted to run to him and tell him how much he loved him, how much he missed him and that how scared he was when he fell off the cliff.

But, he thought Wangji wouldn't be happy to see him, so he fled from the village after stealing a donkey (little apple) from there.

On the other hand, after suppressing the dark energy in the Mo Mansion, Wangji felt a very familiar energy and presence there. His heart clenched and raced.

"Wei Ying... Is that you? " Lan Wangji asked to himself.

Wei Wuxian travelled to the Dafan Mountain with his little apple and to his surprise even the Lan juniors were there for the hunt, accompanied by a mischievous, stubborn child. Wei Wuxian soon found out who that kid was.

It was Jin Ling. His sister's son. The child who lost both his parents even before he could properly open his eyes. The kid who never got to call his mom and dad. The kid who never received his mother Yanli's affection and his father Zixuan's love.

Wei Wuxian felt very bad when he saw his nephew. Even though the kid was right in front of him, he could not acknowledge him as he knew that Jin Ling hated Wei Wuxian soo much.

Jiang Cheng brought up Jin Ling after his sister's death. Cheng was a strict uncle and tried to discipline him everytime, but Jin Ling was a naughty kid who was always tired of his uncle's naggings.

During the hunt, the juniors and Jin Ling came across the Dancing Peri idol, a soul eating entity, which was sealed off by Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji years ago.

But, due to some dark energy, the Dancing Peri was revived again. So, it started attacking the juniors. Wei Wuxian who noticed this rushed to their help as neither Lan Wangji nor Jiang Cheng were around to save the kids.

Wei Wuxian cut a bamboo tree and soon made a flute out of it and started blowing it so as to control the Dancing Peri. The juniors, who thought it was Mo Xuanyu, found his actions ridiculous and irritating. But, Lan Sizhui (A-Yuan) found the flute sound very familiar. He couldn't remember where he had heard it before as his childhood memories before Lan Wangji found him, were all erased.

Wei Wuxian started playing the flute, but instead of getting the Dancing Peri in control, something tremendous and unbelievable happened. The Ghost General, Wen Ning flew to that place, his eye balls completely black with many black lines on his neck and body and a lot of metallic chains tied around him.