♡chapter fourteen♡

_______☆♤♡◇♧_______
-~°•stranger danger•°~-

Walking around her small village, y/n felt happy

It calmed her, the feeling the slight spring breeze on her soft skin, hearing the beautiful singing of the birds and not even one car who is ruining the environment.

She had a little smile on her face and closed her eyes for a second, taking in the sounds and smells of this beautiful nature.

Until she heard footsteps behind her. Being the curious girl she was y/n turned around to look who was approaching her.

Standing in front of her was a beautiful red haired girl, she had a pale face and a lot of freckles spread over her soft cheeks. She had the sweetest smile on her face.

"Hey, do you live here? My name is Selena, I'm new here and I'm trying to find some good fast food restaurants." She said.

"Yes I do live here. I know one close, do you want me to walk you?"

"Oh yes I'd love that!"

With that the two girls started talking while walking to the restaurant.

Selena seemed to be a really nice girl y/n thought. They had a lot of the same interests, they liked the same movies, music, and so much more. Something y/n did notice was the way Selena talked, it was so peaceful and happy. She had such an amazing way with words and the way she looked at the world was so magnificent.

Just talking to this girl made your life so much happier.

After eating the two separated. They didn't exchanged any telephone numbers or addresses because they were so busy with talking about other stuff that they straight up forgot.

When y/n came home and thought about it she felt a little bit sad, this probably meant that they would never see each other again.

When she came back y/n immediately went to her room, she felt so tired because of all the late night calls.

The girl put on some pyjamas and layed down in her bed staring at her ceiling. Slowly she drifted off to sleep.

"Urgh, you're so unbelievable!!"

"It isn't my fault! The man needed help!"

Y/n woke up to the sound of yelling downstairs, what is happening there? She thought

She looked at her clock, 6 pm. Rolling her eyes the girl got dressed and walked downstairs. She just wanted to sleep a little but now she has slept through the whole day.

When she came down she saw her mom crying on the couch and her dad in front of her looking in y/n's direction.

"Hey there sweets, can you come here for a second?" Her dad asked.

Slowly y/n walked over, taking in her surroundings. On the ground were three suitcases and the pictures on the wall are gone.

"What's wrong?" The girl asked slightly worried.

"Your mother and I need to... arrange some stuff." Her dad begun

"Yeah and we think that while we are doing that it's better you're not here with us." Her mom interrupted her father, her voice breaking a little mid sentence.

"What do you mean? Arrange what? Where do I need to go? Is everything alright?" The confused girl asked getting tears in her eyes.

"Your father got fired today, I don't get paid enough to nourish a whole family and to pay all of the bills."

"She doesn't need to know everything, she shouldn't be worrying about this."

"She is almost 17-"

"She deserves to be young and that doesn't include worrying about money and bills. She has been through enough already and that's why I think it's best for her to live with the Fairchilds for a while until this is all fixed."

"Maybe instead of complaining about it to me you should ask her"

y/n wasn't stupid, she could notice the obvious tension going on between her parents and she had the feeling they weren't telling her everything but she decided it's best to keep her mouth shut for now.

"It's okay for me, I'll go with the Fairchild's aslong as you guys promise to call me as much as you can. At least onc a week." She said, her voice was cracking and her tears began falling.

Normally she would be happy to go live with the Fairchilds for a while, definitely with Miles but living there knowing her parents are going through such hard times scares her.

She went up to her room to pack her stuff after a long conversation with her parents. They said everything would be alright but...

...will it really?