14| 엘넷

"Same blood, never loved."

엘넷

THIRD PERSON POV

Junki wasn't the man to eavesdrop.

But the boy was curious, very curious as he hid by the side of the wall, hearing voices from the princes who were seated in his office.

30 MINUTES AGO

"What? Aren't you glad to see your hyung?" Jungkook smirked upon seeing the eight princes.

"What do you want, Jungkook?" Hoseok snarled, he didn't have to drop the honorifics since he was literally 3 months younger than him.

"Just to talk to you guys that soon, I'll be king and I'll show all of you how a ruler rules his kingdom," he shows a cocky smile and Namjoon's hands turned into fists as he looks at his so-called hyung.

"You don't have to tell us for the eleventh time hyung," Seokjin's stiff words escaped his mouth as he stared at Jungkook.

"Besides, dad can just take you off your position as Crowned Prince in one flick of a finger, remember what he said, he sees power not age," Soobin grinned and crossed his arms, which made everyone turn to him.

"And what makes you think that dad would dare transfer his position to a weakling like you?" Jungkook said, smirking as he looked at Soobin, who was pissed off.

"What about you? What will dad think about you being such an arrogant-," Hoseok fired back but was cut off by a stinging sensation on his right cheek.

Jungkook was infront of Hoseok, his jaw tightening as his hand formed into a fist.

Seokjin was the one who came to Hoseok's aid, not knowing what to do because Jungkook is the eldest. At the age of 29, Jin was only a year younger.

"Just because you're the eldest doesn't mean you have to go so rough on us!" A voice cracked and everyone faced Baekhyun who has his arms around a terrfied Kai, his eyes glossy.

Jungkook gritted his teeth and stood up straight as everyone glared at him.

"You think just because you came from my father's bloodline, doesn't mean I'd treat you like my own brothers! What I need is my little brother and sister," he spat and everyone in the room tensed.

"Just because you're the son of the Queen doesn't mean you'd treat us so bad! Where is the Jungkook hyung we met when we were kids?" Yeonjun interfered, his face saddening as if he was shot.

"I'm a prince, a man of honor, and so are you, its time you guys stop playing, and go to your duties," Jungkook grinned and Hoseok opened his mouth, his voice cracking.

"But you're the one saying we'd all act like princes, we are princes, but that doesn't mean you'd shut us out just because we aren't full princes," Hoseok sulked and Seokjin rubbed his back, soothing him.

Suddenly, Kai stood up, covering his ears as the tears stream down his eyes, he's hurt, afraid, and terrified.

"Jungkook hyung! Stop it! Don't fight!" He cried as he ran out, Baekhyun following him from behind.

"Jungkook, your presence just ruins our days," Namjoon gritted out, controlling his anger.

"So? You have to bear the fact that I, will be staying in this palace 24/7," Jungkook shot back, earning a glare from Namjoon.

"You know what, Jungkook? Yes, Jungkook, no hyung, no anything, you are completely heartless," Namjoon spat before closing his eyes, his chin sticking out.

"So what, Namjoon? You can't do anything, I was born to be a ruler, born to rule over you!" He fired back.

"But you were never to be born to be a brother," Soobin choked out those words.

Jungkook was taken aback.

Is he really that mean?

He glared at Soobin who was looking at the ground, his lips pouting, trembling as he looks at the elder with teary eyes.

"Yah listen, do you know how I worked my ass off when dad said that he'd punish you guys one time? I was the one who was literally in knees," Jungkook spat at them.

"But its your responsibility to protect us hyung! Your dongsaengs! Isn't that why dad has appointed you Crowned Prince?" Namjoon interfered and Jungkook raised a brow cockily.

"Are you my dongsaengs?" Jungkook asked and with that, he turned his heels exiting Junki's room. He turns to exit but his eyes met with the astronomer, who was walking casually to his office.

Junki bows at the Crowned Prince in a 90° angle. The lump in is throat forming as he tried to process the prince's conversation with his dongsaengs inside his head.

The Crowned Prince Jungkook nods coldly, passing by him. He exhales deeply, and stands straight in his tracks. He walks inside to room to be met with a foggy and thick atmosphere, a very tensing tension floated in the air.

He looks at the remaining princes, his heart dropping seeing them with teary eyes and shivering lips.

"Princes? Where is Baekhyun and Kai?" Junki asks, trying to sound as innocent as possible.

"They went out hyung, me and the others will get going too. We have swordfighting," Hoseok said and gestured his brothers to come along with him.

The brothers nod, standing up and they started to exit the room, leaving Junki on his own.

Junki couldn't deny that there was a heavy feeling in his heart, something that sparked in him. He knew this ever since he worked here.

And that is,

The rivalry of the ten brothers.

----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote or I'll cut your toes off

*sips tea* its boiling hot