22| 스물돌

"We share the same womb, does that mean we share the same soul?"

스물돌

Dear Yoongi,

It's your hyung. I just wanted to say the words I didn't get to say while I'm still breathing and fine. You've grown to be a great brother, Yoongi. You've grown up to be such a talented boy with lots of dreams. I want to tell you that even if I'm not there to support you, never stop fighting for yourself, never stop fighting for which path you want, hyung's got your back. Just remember that I'm always here, okay? Even if you can't taste my cooking anymore, I'm sure you learned a bit from your hyung. I'm sorry for leaving you, I'm sorry for not seeing you fulfill your dreams when I'm your only true family, but I've lived with no regrets, I don't regret having you to be my only younger brother, and I don't regret doing this because I want you to keep living so you won't regret anything when you lie on your death bed too. But now, hyung has to rest too, hyung needs to go, hyung needs to go back yo sleep. I'm sorry I won't be there for you, but I'll be with you. I'll always have your back. I'll catch up to you someday.

Your older hyung,

Junki.

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I read each and every word, a sob coming out from my mouth as I look at the writing he left me on the scroll. My heart sunk to my feet as I let the tears pool in my eyes.

Junki, Junki hyung.

Why did you leave this? What do you mean you won't be with me anymore?

I look at his handwriting which was painted with black ink.

"Why? What do you mean hyung? Hyung?" I sobbed as tears kept falling down my cheeks one by one, biting my bottom lip as I look at the scroll.

"Hyung? Answer me! Answer me hyung!! Don't leave me.... don't ever leave me!" I shout as hot tears kept falling down my cheeks, looking at the blurry night.

"What will I do without you?" I sob slowly, as I clutch the scroll in my hands.

THIRD PERSON POV

FLASHBACK

"Junki hyung?" Yoongi called as my little feet took me as fast as I can to the taller one.

"Yoongi? What are you doing this late at night? Aren't you supposed to be asleep?" Junki replied as he looked at the little boy who was slowly walking towards him.

"Couldn't sleep. Need hyung's cuddles," he pouted as he stepped closer towards his hyung.

Hyung wasn't really that old. He was just old enough to work as a child and he needed to make a living for being poor. He was 5 years older than him. But he loved hyung more than anyone and anything, he's like a dad when he needed one.

He was only 8 years old, and Junki was already 13.

"How cute, tell you what, let's go sit down outside," Junki said as he smiled at his little brother, holding his hand out for him to hold.

Yoongi smiled at him before taking his bigger hand, his little hand enclosed in his as they walked to the oejeon.

They both sat down on the green grass, and looked up at the sky that was dotted with little white stars, the night was blanketed in black and the full moon was out there which made little Yoongi's eyes widen in awe.

"Yoongi-ah, do you want me to tell you something? Promise you won't forget?" Junki asked as he looked at his brother, and Yoongi nodded his head slowly before scooting closer to him, all ears on him.

"You see that star over there?" Junki said as he pointed to the star that was beside the full moon, and it was glowing as it did so. And Yoongi's eyes sparkled as he nodded rapidly.

"I'm gonna name that star "Yoongi", you know why?" Junki asked as he looked at him once again.

"Because "yoongi" in Korean means "shining". And I know you'll shine like that star one day," Junki smiled as he did so.

"You mean I'm gonna shine like a star too???" Yoongi smiled as his little gummy teeth gave way. And he looked at him.

"Yup, you're gonna shine like the brightest star! Like Yoongi over there! See how he's the brightest star?" Junki replied as he pointed to the star that was named after himself. And he noticed that it shined brighter among the rest.

"Yes yes! I'll shine bright!" Yoongi giggled and Junki laughed as he looked at his adorable brother.

"But hyung, promise you won't leave me? You'll always be with me, right?" Yoongi smiled widely as he looked at his brother.

"Of course, I'll be with you and I'll protect you," he smiled back, his eyes crinkling.

"You're not gonna break it, okay? Always and forever?" Yoongi said as he looked at his brother with those puppy eyes.

"Always and forever."

END OF FLASHBACK

Yoongi cried as multiple sobs came out of his mouth, tears rolling down his cheeks as he did so.

He was devastated, he needed his hyung. He loved his hyung and he was the reason why he wanted to try his hardest to reach his wants and goals in life. He felt like a piece of him was broken apart, because his brother cared for him.

But he failed to tell him how thankful he is.

"Yoongi?" A voice called his name bit he didn't faze out of his crying session.

"Yoongi?" The voice called again and Yoongi looked up through his teary eyes, and a figure was infront of him.

"A-are you there? Are you... alright? I mean of course not! Ugh... but... I'm here for you," the voice said once again and Yoongi heard a shuffle before he felt his head being tilted to the side.

"You know I'm always here, I'll not leave until you're okay," the voice spoke softly and Yoongi's head was on something soft.

Like someone's shoulder.

"H-how do you know I'm not okay?" Yoongi asked between sobs.

"Of course, you're crying....

...and I also met your brother before he died."

-----
(UNEDITED)

A/N:

Vote for tea

Anyways, we getting drama now 🍷