You're Scaring Me

"I'm fucked up.

But I swear I'm trying."

---

So much had happened in the past few days I didn't even really know how to wrap my head around it

Me and JJ had tentatively gone back to how things were before our drunken make-out session at the junkyard, except maybe a little more awkward. The little hope that JJ liked me back that had blossomed in my chest at our kiss had easily shattered and now it felt like a fresh wound. It's crazy how heartache feels like actual physical pain.

At least it was bearable since I still had him as a friend.

The boys had literally stranded Sarah and Kiara on a boat to force them to talk and surprisingly, it had kind of worked. They now seemed like they were friends again, and I was glad the tension there was relieved too.

And then I'd gone to work and missed out on the good stuff, as per usual.

They'd gone back to get John B down the well in the creepy Crain house, and John B had gotten an actual bar of gold from down there. When I'd gotten off work and they'd gathered to catch me up, I was confused as to why they weren't more excited.

"We're riiiiccchhh!" I'd jumped up and down in ecstasy, hugging Pope next to me in the back of the van after they'd picked me up. But they'd all given each other silent looks, as if there was something they weren't telling me.

I was confused at the tension in the air. "You guys, isn't this good news? We can pawn it like how we talked about and make money! We can go back and get the rest! We did it, didn't we?"

Kie gave the boys a look, and they shrugged. "Um, Ti.. We did try to go to the pawn shop, and um..."

"So you have the money?" I looked at them, excited, but my smile quickly dying as I saw the looks on their faces. "Was Barry there, is that what you guys don't want to tell me? What? You guys? Seriously."

JJ clenched his jaw as he drove, tightening his hand on the steering wheel until his knuckles turned white. John B next to him stayed silent as well.

Kie looked at me apologetically. "Well, yeah. He kind of mugged us."

Um. What?

"Mugged... you?"

"He had a gun... and um-"

"Jesus" I cursed. "I'll fucking kill him I swear. I'm so sorry that happened, you guys. It's my fault, he hates me right now and he knows we're friends and he can't keep his greedy little fingers off anything shiny and-"

"Ti! Ti, calm down" Pope put a hand on my shoulder. "We're fine, we got away, we still have the gold. John B outsmarted him".

I sighed, on the verge of tears but trying to keep it together for them.