A Little Luxury

"One boy,

thousand feelings".

-unknown

---

I can't even begin to explain the guilt that I felt, or how it manifested in my gut as the worst sinking feeling

"Look, he'll come around, okay. He's doing a JJ thing." John B reasoned as the group sat at the Wreck, dejected and hopeless.

"You think he'll go home?" Kiara asked.

"Theres about a 0 percent chance that JJ goes home", Pope muttered, leaning up against the window and staring out pensively. 

John B shrugged and turned his attention to Sarah. "You okay?". He put an arm around her.

I stayed silent the whole time and shoved down the irritation that flashed into me when he worried for the girl. It wasn't Sarah's fault that John B was so protective and wasn't as worried about our much wilder and more unpredictable friend JJ. 

I felt out of place sitting there with them all. They started talking about the best way to get the rest of the gold out of the well now that we knew pawning it wasn't a good idea, but I tuned out because all I could think about was JJ.

God, I needed a smoke right now.

It occurred to me that I was going through literal withdrawals since he wasn't around to constantly offer me his nicotine or marijuana. 

I laughed at the thought, and everyone turned to look at me like I was crazy. Kiara had an especially concerned look on her face.

I shrugged defensively, not wanting them to question my sanity.

"Why are you laughing?"

I shook my head, knowing they wouldn't understand. The only person who would understand, wasn't here right now.

"Whats wrong, Ti?"

"Nothing".

They all stared at me for a second.

Suddenly I changed my mind, shrugging nonchalantly. "I'm gonna go check on JJ".

I had a sinking feeling he might have gone home. Anyone else would have taken the money and gone to the police to pay off their debt, but knowing him? Knowing how he got when his anger got the best of him? He wouldn't have done the reasonable thing.

And I just had a feeling something was really wrong.

Kie put her hand on my shoulder sympathetically. "He made his decision, Ti. We should let him be".