Chapter 5

"It's been long I see someone smile like this".

       Bimbo said as she entered Moyo's office.

         "When will you learn how to knock".

        "Abeg, abeg, don't change the matter on ground. Why are you smiling?

        "Anyway, Charles and I are back".

Bimbo dropped the pen that she was holding and then she cleaned her ears.

        "You say what?

       "You heard me clearly".

       "Are you mad, you were the one saying that that guy is a son of a bitch and now you are saying trash".

      "Bimbo please, that's too much. I love this guy. I love him".

        "More than you love your son?

        "That's not the question. He has promised to take care of both of us".

         "I actually don't have anything to discuss with you. I pray you will understand soon".

Bimbo stood up and left her office. Moyo breath out loud.

            ***************

School was over, Daniel has waited for a long time for his driver to come pick him from school but he didn't show up. Since he knows the way home, he believed that it was not far, so he started trekking.

He got to a junction where he was confused then he sat at a gutter side.

Leo was in his car when he noticed someone that resembles Tobiloba. He reversed and it was really him.

       "Tobiloba".

       "Leo".

Daniel stood up and hugged him.

          "What's wrong?, why are you here?

         "I'm going home".

       "Do you trek home?

        "No, I didn't see my driver".

         "Let me take you home then".

              *************

The time was past eight, Moyo knew she was late again and it was all Charles fault. She went to visit Charles immediately she was done from work and they had a lot of fun but Charles was so reluctant to release her. She opened the door tiredly, she entered the dark living room. She switched on the light, she sat down as she was removing her shoe she noticed that Daniel didn't come to greet her. It's strange, Daniel don't sleep if she's not back from work so she decided to go and check his room. She found the room empty, clearly the bed was the same way  they left it in the morning. She picked her phone to dial the driver's number and he picked after the third vibration.

         "Hello madam".

         "Where's my son?

      "He's in your house".

     "He's not here, when did you pick him from school".

        "No be me pick am, my car develop fault and I told another driver  to pick am for me".

          "Yeh, gbese, I'm dead".

She disconnected the line as she terrified. Many thoughts ran through her mind, maybe they've  kidnapped her son, maybe he's even dead. As she was about to call Bimbo, the door opened revealing her son.

           "Mum".

Daniel shouted as he hugged her. Moyo hugged passionately.

           "Are you hurt, hope you are  fine".

          "Mummy, I was not kidnapped".

        "Then what happened?

        "Leo, helped me".

He pointed at Leo who has been standing in front of the door. It was then that Moyo knew someone came with Daniel.

      "Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see you, forgive my rudeness".

         "It's fine. Anyway I'm Leonard, you can call me Leo".

          "Yeah, I'm Moyo, nice to meet you".

        "You too, I should take my leave now".

       "Oh, thank you so much".

Daniel hugged Leo and then waved at him.

          "He got you snacks?

        "Yes".

       "We will discuss this later. Go and change while I prepare dinner".

           "OK mum".

He replied as he rushed inside. Moyo said a silent prayer as she moved to the kitchen.

          **************

Leo got home very tired. He moved to his room. As he was about to sleep,Linda walked in.

      "You really need to learn how to knock".

         "Whatever. You came home late today, hope no problem?.

         "Nothing, I just had to drop Tobi home".

          "Who's Tobi".

          "Big sis, you forget things so fast".

          "Will you answer my question".

           "The kid I met at the hospital".

         "You saw him again?

Linda asked as she sat on his bed.

            "It was like a surprise to me. I was so happy when I saw him. He has this innocent look. He was fun to be with. He's jovial and.........."

         "You must really like this kid".

        "Yes, I do".

        "Alright, Good night little bro".

She said as she slapped him on his cheeks lightly.

          "I'm not going to take that next time".

        "What ever".

They both laughed and then Linda closed the door to his room.