Chapter 8

"Yeba, this shoe make sense die".

       Bimbo said as she walked majestically into Moyo's office. She flaunt the black heels in front of Moyo.

         "The shoe is really nice".

        "Yesso, thank God I collected it from you. It won't fit you at all".

They both laughed at what Bimbo said. Bimbo suddenly sat down and then she said.

           "You missed, that Saturday party was lit. It was muahh".

Moyo just smiled because she knew Bimbo was exaggerating. Bimbo then pop another question.

         "How was your outing with your son?

          "It was wonderful".

          "Wonderful? Only you and your son".

            "His friend came along".

          "What difference does that make?

          "A thirty five year old not five year old".

          "What?

        "They met at the hospital and they've become close".

         "So", Bimbo winked at her, "how is the thirty five year old guy. Is he handsome?.

         "I don't know that, as I said earlier he's my son's friend not mine".

        "Ohh, it's better you go for a good option now or you go for a punching bag".

As Moyo was about to reply her, there was as a knock on the door. Dave entered the office.

        "Hi".

He greeted.

        "Hello".

They both replied. Bimbo left the office not long after Dave entered. Moyo offered him a seat and she waited patiently for what he has to say. When the silence was getting unbearable, Moyo spoke up.

          "Is this about Charles".

          "Yes. He needs you. He has been drinking a lot of alcohol. He needs you in his life. Please if not for anyone's sake, please for God's sake".

             "Fine, I will talk to him"

            "Thank you ".

             *****************

Charles was on a sofa listening to a radio channel, when there was a knock on the door. He staggered to the door to open it. Moyo stood patiently the door, when the door opened it revealed Charles standing with the button of his shirt opened and his belt dangling on his trousers. Charles hugged Moyo happily but then she couldn't cope with the smell of  alcohol. She moved away from him and said as she entered.

         "Have you been drinking".

        "Nope, I was just.........".

        "Don't you lie to me".

       "Yeah, I've been drinking, I know I'm a beast, I know I'm not meant to touch you, I'm deeply sorry".

          "It's ok, let clean up your house".

The cleaning of the house went silently. No one talked they both concentrated on what they were doing. When they were done, Moyo picked up her but as she was about to reach the door, Charles stopped her.

          "You are leaving?

         "Yeah, my son is waiting".

        "Fine, I'm not going to argue that but can you at least spend some time with me".

            "I can't, in case you don't know, we are done".

            "No Moyo, you can't do this to me".

          "I'm here as a friend and nothing else. This relationship thing can't work between us".

She moved out immediately she said those words. Charles sat on the floor staring at the closed door.

            ************
Leo checked the menu once again before ordering his staff. As soon as he was done, he decided to take a break. He told his secretary to inform any visitor that he's on break.

He laid on his bed in his office. He was fast asleep but Tobi's voice woke him up. Tobi banged to his office with the secretary walking right behind him.

               "Leo"
Daniel shouted and then hugged him.

             "Priscilla, you can go".

Priscilla nodded and then she moved out.

          "You didn't tell me you were coming".

           "I wanted to surprise you. Lend Me your phone I want to text mummy".

It was fun for both of them. Later, Daniel slept off.  Moyo entered the office. It was late, the office was quiet. She knocked on the door and then Leo opened the door.

          "I'm sorry, I'm late".

Moyo apologized.

           "It's OK. Let me take him to the car".

Moyo nodded. She picked up his sandals and his school bag while Leo picked Daniel from the bed. Leo dropped Daniel in Moyo's car.

      "I can't thank you enough for taking care of my son".

      "It's perfectly fine".

      "So, good night".

     "Good night".

Moyo entered the car and then drove off.