Chapter 9

TWO MONTHS LATER.

Moyo was sitted in her office with smile plastered on her face. Bimbo tiptoed into the office.

      "What's up with the smile".

Moyo smiled wider and then she raised her finger. Bimbo stared at her confused at first but then she caught a glimpse of ring on her finger.

"What the fuck is this". Bimbo asked.

       "Don't be blind it's a ring".

Bimbo was more confused when she said it was a ring. She stared at her for continuation.

           "Well, Charles proposed and I said yes".

Bimbo stood up all of a sudden, she places her hand on her neck to check her temperature.

         "I swear to God you are not fine. How will you say yes to that beast."

Bimbo shouted.

"Stop that, he's not a beast. I love him."

"What about your son, I thought you said he hated him".

      "He's a changed man he promised to love him and care for him".

    "Now, I know you are a mugu, that beast has deceived you anyway, have you informed your son"?

     "I plan on telling him tonight"

Bimbo stood up and then said.

      "Now I'm advising you as a sister and not a friend or colleague. And also not a sister friend but like a biological sister. You are making the worst mistake of your life".

She said those words and then moved out. Moyo stared at the door confused.

        **********

After Moyo had spent sometime with Charles, she made up her mind to inform her son that she's engaged to Charles. She just hopes that Daniel is going to accept the news happily and she prays that Charles Will also fulfill his own part of the deal by loving her son.

Moyo entered the house with fear of how she was going to inform her son. The house was all quiet and dark. She decided to switch on the light.

The living room was now bright. Daniel was on a sofa with a phone ready to record a video while Leo was kneeling with a bouquet on his hand. Moyo stared at the scenario confused until Leo spoke up.

          "I know that we've not been really close but I know what I want. I love the way you take care of your son even though you had no help. It's a woman like you that I will love to be my wife and the mother of my children. So please Moyo can you be my girlfriend".

"Fiancée", Daniel chipped in.

Moyo knew she had this little crush on him but she owed Charles a lot. Charles has been there for her when nobody was but Daniel seem happy about Leo. She then remembered that she was about to tell him about Charles anyway so she decided to seize the opportunity.

        "I'm sorry Leo, I'm getting married to Charles very soon".

She put up her finger to show it to him. Daniel dropped the phone and then he ran to him, he was at the verge of crying. Leo nodded in understanding, dropped the banquet and then moved out. She sat down shedding tears.

       **********

Bimbo kept on pacing. She has tried to sleep but the thought of how her friend was going to
suffer if she get married to Charles. She picked up her keys and then drove to Charles' house speedily.

After the third bang on the door Charles opened the door. He was shocked to see Bimbo, he wanted to talk but Bimbo beat him to it.

          "Sometimes I wonder what a riffraff, beast nincompoop like you want from a decent friend of mine but then I noticed that you need a slave and a punching bag. Even if my friend his foolish, I'm not going to be. If you ever think
getting married to my friend will provide you those two then you are wrong because you will regret it."

She hissed and then walked away. Charles made a fist anger showing clearly on his face.

    **************
I'm sorry guys there will be a little delay in updating. Thanks for the love.