Chapter 6

Moyosore checked the time and it was fifteen minutes to seven she began to pack her bag. Charles came out of his kitchen with a bowl of popcorn and two bottles of bigi drinks.

        "Where are you off to?

    "Charles, it's late, my son must be waiting".

        "I thought we said we are watching a movie".

         "I'm sorry babe, my son will seriously be waiting".

        "It's always about your son, do you care about me at all".

       "Of course I do. I go back home when it's almost six and I've changed that because of you".

Charles burst into laughter.

       "You are a funny woman, how many minutes do you spend with your son and how many minutes do you spend with me".

       "We are talking about my son here".

           "And we are talking about my feelings".

He said angrily as he bang the table. His action terrified Moyo as she jerked back.

          "You are always worried about your son".

        "Do not take this too personal, I care about you as Much as I care about my son".

Immediately she said those words, Charles became more furious then he pushed her to the wall. He walked closer to her then he started throwing her punches.

             **********
It's almost ten and Daniel has been trying to console his mum since she came back around seven thirty. Daniel thought of something, he ran to his school bag and then he brought out a paper.

         ************
After family night prayer, Leo went to his room. He sorted some office works out. As he laid on his bed to sleep, he decided to switch his phone off when it rang.

        Hello

Leo, it's Tobiloba

      Tobi what's wrong

It's my mom

        What's wrong with her

She's crying. She has been crying since.

         Try to console her OK

I've tried, she's not stopping. Will you come?

       Come on, Tobi. You know I can't, it's Late

What if she dies

        She's not going to die.

Then will you come.

Leo knew he couldn't resist anymore.

       Fine, I will join you.

Please be quick, thank you. I love you.

            ************
Leo got to the house as fast as he can.  Daniel hugged him.

        "She's still crying?

        "Yes, she's but she loves it when I prepare her something".

         "OK?

         "It has always been chin chin but I want to  make her fried rice".

      "And can you make that".

      "Leo, don't be silly, that's why I called you".

       "I thought.......".
Daniel didn't allow him to finish when he dragged him to the kitchen.

Moyo cleaned her tears. She was sad because she welcomed Charles back into her life. She stood in front of the mirror as she checked out the marks on her face. She decided to make do with a pain relief drugs. When she was closed her door, she heard her son and someone laughing. This is strange, she tiptoed to the kitchen and then she peeped.

Daniel was sitting on a stool while Leo was stirring the spices in the vegetable oil. Daniel was telling Leo some cartoon story.

        "Get me rice please".

Daniel jumped down from the stool  as he went to get the rice.

       "The chicken should be done in the microwave now. Right?

          "Yep".

Leo replied as he stirred the fried rice continuously.

      "I will set the table and then get mum".

Moyo tiptoed back to her room. She was happy, Daniel is doing all that for her. She was about sobbing again when she heard a knock on the door.

          "Come in".
Daniel entered, without saying a word, he dragged his mum to the dining table.
He opened the food.

       "I made this for you".

      "Fried rice, chicken and juice".

      "Yes mum".

She hugged him passionately and the she gave him a kiss on the head. She tasted the food and it tasted good.

          "Who made this?

         "I"

       "Will you stop lying".

        "Fine, it was Leo"

       "And where is he".

      "He's gone"

      "Why did he go?

     "Because, he needs to sleep early".

Moyo nodded slowly as she smiled at his son. She needs to thank this Leo once again. He has been nothing but good to her son. She needs to thank him.