chapter 10

The continuous bang on the door woke Moyo from her sleep. She wondered who could be banging her door so loud. She moved out of her room, when she passed the front of Daniel's room she was sad. Since Daniel ran into his room, he has refused to eat and stepped out of his room. Moyo didn't even know when she slept off, she wept till she was off.

She opened the door and Before she could look up to see who the person was she felt a slap on her cheek. But then hearing the voice that spoke to her she knew who the person was.

       "How dare you? We plan to make this a secret but the fool that you are went ahead to tell your friend".

Charles said furiously. Moyo blinked severally to stop the tears. She didn't want to look weak.  She looked at Charles and said
       "I remember perfectly that you told six of your friends that congratulated me"

        "Oh,what a fool you are. I have my best man and my groomsmen there".

         "Same as Bimbo was going to be my chief bridesmaid".

Moyo said those words as she threw the engagement ring on him. She didn't wait for him to say any other word as she locked the door. She sat on the sofa weeping profusely.

       ***************

Leo had no plan of going out today not even his place of work. He pretended to be fine, he didn't want his parents to know nor Linda. After eating breakfast he has been in his room watching a movie to get his mind off Moyo.  But it was still not helping not long later his phone rang. It was Tobiloba who called him. He didn't want to pick at first but then he picked. He heard him crying and asking him to hurry to their house. Leo quickly hurried over though he didn't know what was happening but he knew it was not good.

Moyo opened the door with tears still rolling down her cheeks, she hugged him immediately she saw him. She needed comfort. Leo didn't say a word he patted her back as she wept on his shoulder.  Fifteen minutes later, Moyo slept off after crying. Leo carried her to her room with Daniel leading the way. As Leo was about to go, Daniel begged him not to go but to stay him, he yielded to him.

                **************
Moyo woke up as the light shun on her face. She took her bath, dressed up and then moved to the kitchen with the intention of preparing meal for her son. She got to the dining room seeing Daniel and Leo discussing and eating.

          "Mummy".

Daniel said and then he jumped down to hug her. She hugged him happily.  Leo and Moyo smiled at each other as Moyo had her seat.

        "You didn't have to come so early".

Moyo said to Leo.

     "Actually, I spent the night here".

Moyo was surprised at Leo's response. She didn't know what to say so she just nodded and then she continue eating.

     *********

The Nwachukwu's entered their house after the early morning Sunday mass. Leo was about to move to his room when his mother talked.

"Why did you come late for mass".

     "I was at a friend's place".

"Definitely not Nonso's."

     "Nonso is not my only friend".

"And you also spent the night at that friend's house".

Leo nodded and then moved inside.

         *************

Charles kept on pacing with the ring on his hand while Dave sat down. When Dave was fed up of the pacing he spoke up.

"If you are in love with Moyo then why did you do that".

"She annoyed me".

"Are you in love or obsessed with her".

The sound of a broken bottle made Dave look up. He saw Charles walking towards him with broken bottle. He stood up and ran outside and not long he heard the sound of a bottle and a groan from Charles.