Chapter 13

She dropped the make up kit and then moved to her bed to pick her bag. As she about to lock her door, her friend touched her and then said.

"Where are you going to this morning".

"I'm going for work".

She said as she dropped her key in her bag.

"No no no, oyin you've got to be kidding. You experience a break up yesterday and you are pretending to be fine".

"I'm perfectly fine". She pecked her friend, "I love you, Becca.

She then moved to her car.

           ************* 

Leo and Moyo were cuddling and talking about their views about things. It was getting interesting and they were arguing over something then suddenly Moyo became quiet. Leo tapped her

"Babe, what's wrong?

Moyo hugged him before she started talking.

"I didn't know I was this wicked. I've never gone to check on how Charles is fairing. He must be broken now and I'm right here laughing and enjoying without caring for Someone who cared for me when I was heart broken".

Shii, it's fine. You are not wicked. If you are, you won't feel this way".

She wept on his shoulder and he consoled her.

************

Immediately oyin entered Charles' living room, Charles dropped the remote and murmured inside. Few hours later, Charles became hungry and decided to check if oyin had prepared anything for him. He got downstairs to meet he saw oyin in the living room but he ignored her and moved to the kitchen. He checked the pots and the fridge for food but he found nothing, he became angry. He walked to the living room and started shouting, " I though you were to cook and clean in this house then what went wrong in your duty?" He paused waiting for a reply but he got nothing then he yanked her around to face him. He was about to say another word when he noticed she had a red eyes. " I'm sorry". Oyin said. As she was about to walk away Charles dragged her back.

He made her seat and then he sat beside her. "You don't need to deny the fact that you've been crying", Charles said. Oyin couldn't hold the tears any longer as she burst into tears. Charles was confused on what to do at first but later he stood up and got tissue for her. After some minutes she cleaned her tears and blew her nose. " Let me get you something to eat". She stood up to go to the kitchen but Charles made her sit again. " Why are you crying?". He asked and stared at her intently. She just stood up without saying a word, walking to the kitchen.

**************

Moyo was worried she has been calling Charles over the phone but he wasn't picking. She was feeling worried and sick so she decided to visit him. She knocked on the door twice before the door was finally opened showing a tall slim dark lady.  She forced a smile at her because she wasn't really happy seeing a lady in Charles' apartment. Oyin also returned a forced smile because she was just too tired due to what she's passing through. Moyo was ushered in, she was so impressed with the way his house was sparkling though she felt a little bit jealous of the lady. She sat down and waited for Charles patiently.

Charles came to the living room thinking it was Dave when oyin told him he had a visitor. Seeing moyo the smile on his face disappear. " What do you want?" He asked. Moyo stood up from the seat and approached him. "I was worried about you, I called you severally but you didn't pick up. I was thinking something bad must have happened to you that was why I came down to you". She attempted to touch him but he moved back. "Do not touch me, you wanted to check if I'm good or not. You chose that bastard over me and you wanted to check if I'm ok. Do you think I'm fine? Do you think I'm ok?.  Immediately he said the last word he moved to his room. Moyo tried to follow him but oyin stopped her " I think you should leave him alone". Moyo felt jealousy and anger with the words she said but she decided to control and respect herself by walking out of the house. Immediately she was gone, oyin released the breath she didn't Know she was holding.

Later in the evening, oyin entered Charles' room to see  bottles of alcohol scattered on the floor. She packed the bottles into a basket and the one in his front filled with alcohol into a basket. Oyin knew he was not drunk because his body system is really used to the alcohol. She came back with two bottles of lucozade boost. She gave him one and then he collected it. She opened it and he exchanged the opened one with the closed then she opened the closed one. She drank a little and stared at him waiting for him to drink the one in his hand. He drank it when he noticed she was not going to stop staring at him until he took it. Oyin them cleared her throat "so can I know your story?, She asked.