Chapter 14

It was just ten minutes more for her test to begin before Doris found out that she was not with a pen. She began to shiver due to the panic. She didn't want to go back to her hostel because she's going to be late for the test. She was shivering and scanning all round to find who could lend you a pen.

"See the way that babe dey sweat", Damilare said and laughed. "E be like say she wan shit", Jude added and he continued to laugh. "It might be an exam tension",Dave said with all seriousness. Charles stood up from among the guys and moved towards her.

" Are you ok?" He asked. " Actually I'm not, I need a pen", she replied. " You can get one from that woman", he said as he pointed to the woman that's selling stationeries close to examination Hall. " I don't bring money to examination Hall", she replied. Charles walked towards the woman who is selling stationeries and got a black pen and a blue pen. She stretched out the pen to the lady. " You can pick the ones you like already", he said and he walked away.  She wanted to move to thank him but it was already time for the test.

Few weeks later, Doris went to restaurant with her friends Joke and Amaka.  She stared at the guy that just walked past her and after cracking of brain she remembered and approached him. "Hi", she greeted nervously. "Hi how're you doing? Charles asked with smile on his face because he remembered instantly. " You remember me?, She asked. " Of course why not", Charles replied still smiling.  " Thanks for the other day", she said. " It's nothing", Charles waved it off. " You saved me from failing and that's nothing", Doris said smiling and feeling comfortable. They both exchanged numbers and that was how the love story started.

***************

On the 22nd of June, Doris woke up to see three bags on her bed and a box.  She opened the first bag it was filled with rose, birthday cards and a beautiful birthday frame, and a card saying 'get dressed love'. She opened the second bag to find a beautiful dress and another card saying 'you are beautiful, please do get dressed with a beautiful make up'.  She smiled as she opened the third bag to find a jewelry box. Then she opened the box to find a beautiful shoe. 

Few hours later, she was dressed well.  She walked out of her room and then she found a car outside. The driver ushered her in. The birthday was such a remarkable one and Charles felt happy  for spending such on a lady that's his girlfriend.  Charles really spent a lot on Doris because he knows that what a lady needs . He believes there is absolutely nothing he's doing wrong at that time. Talk of money, check. Talk of time, check. Talk of sex, check. He was so confident that there is nothing he's not doing for her.

Charles came back late after he has spent a lot of time at Doris's place. Immediately he entered the room all his guys shouted, "lover boy". He smiled and then he sat down on his bed. Damilare sat beside him immediately the other guys went in to kitchen. " You are giving this girl too much attention". He said. "That's what she need to keep her", Charles replied. "ladies", Dami laughed. "They are not to be trusted. You don't Know what exactly they want that's just it", my guy be careful". Dami finalized then he joined the guys in the kitchen.

After class on a certain day, Charles thought about what Dami said and he decided to pay Doris a surprise visit. He branched the school restaurant to get her a delicious meal. He wanted to knock on her door then he changed his mind by just entering her room. He entered the room to find the room empty. He dropped the food on the table then he heard people moaning in the kitchen then he was curious to check what was happening. He opened the kitchen door to find Doris and Jude having sex on the counter. When Doris saw Charles, she murmured," shit, I didn't lock the door". The murmur was actually audible enough. Charles shook his head and walked out of the kitchen and the room finally.

Doris begged Charles severally but he decided to ignore her. His friends also told him that she has been visiting their room for a long time. Since the incident, Jude left the guys, he left the room and also left their WhatsApp group chat. Charles found it hard to easily forget this girl so he decided to pay her a visit in order to forgive her so they can continue their relationship. He entered the room to find Damilare and Doris having sex on the bed. He clapped his hand and laughed. "So this is what I should forgive". " I'm only helping you, she's in need of sex", Dami said, then he walked out. "Doris why are you doing this, I loved you, I gave you everything", Charles shouted. "You are not always here when I'm horny", she shouted as she replied. Charles smiled,"is that even an excuse. For God's sake you were a good girl when I met you. You introduced me to church. I did everything for you, what happened?. "A good change and a bad girl change and people change generally, so?", Doris replied. Charles walked away heartbroken.

********************

Oyinkansola sigh heavily.  "So, you made a vow of treating lady badly because of Doris?" Charles nodded.  "That shouldn't be you are only hurting yourself not all lady will be like Doris". Oyin said. "She didn't do it with anyone but my friends". Charles said. "Now I know why Dave is only your friend because you find it hard to trust people", Oyin said and he nodded. She moved closer to him and then hugged him. They later laid on the bed until they both slept off.