Chapter 17

//phone ringing//

Leo rushed into his room to grab his phone. His sister's name pop on the screen. He connected her.

Hello sis

Hi bro, how're you doing

I'm good and you?

I'm also good, how far with Moyo?

We are not fine. She's still not free with me. I'm trying to give myself some distance but her son is..........

That's the problem,

Linda cut him off and then she continued,

You are always thinking about her son and not her. You love her son and you don't love her. It's her son you want to be with not Moyo herself.  You are always doing things for her because of her son and I'm sure that's what she's doing, she's trying to please her son by being with you. You need to think about it.

Leo was silent he wasn't sure if his sister was right or wrong. But she might be right? He thought

Are you still there?

Linda asked over the phone. That brought Leo back to reality.

Yeah, I'm here. Thanks for your advice sis.

You are welcome. So we'll talk later. Think about it and take care of yourself.

I will

I love you

Love you too sis.

Then he disconnected the line. He dropped his phone on his bed, sat down and was taken to the thinking realm.

********************

Moyo entered her office after a hectic day at bank. She went to deposit a huge amount of money that belongs to the company. She was on a quene for long. She sat on her chair feeling tired, she wanted to rest her head on the table to take a quick nap when a message popped in. She took her phone to check the message. It was from Leonard.

Good afternoon dear, how's your day going, hope it's not stressful. I think we need to talk, I will wait for you at home. Take your time, there's absolutely no need to rush. Have a lovely day.

Moyo groaned after reading the message. She has already planned that she's not eating tonight and her son will do with snack and she would go to be and now Leo wants to talk.

***†***********
//Knock on the door//

Dave stood up from the couch to open the door. He opened the door to see a radiant and smiling Charles.

"Waoh, see who remembered me", Dave said and they both moved in after they gave each other a hug. "See who's talking when was the last time you came to my house", Charles asked. "Common Oyin said I shouldn't come since you were on a treatment",Dave replied and then he continued. "Thank God, Oyin really did a great job. See the way you are shinning". Charles burst into laughter again and said,"she did a great job indeed. I didn't even know when I told her my story". "You told her about Doris? Dave asked surprised. "Yes o, I was shocked as well",  Charles said. Dave was more than shocked because Charles really hated talking about it. "That remind me, I saw Damilare",Dave said. Charles pretended not to hear but Dave continued. "He said Doris is dead". That was when Charles faced Dave. "He said she died of cancer but Dami don turn big man o, you need to see him". "Can we change the topic", Charles simply said. Dave nodded and then there was an awkward silence.
After some minutes, Charles stood up and ran to Dave's room. Dave ran after him immediately knowing he's going to look for what he can take in his room. That was how things became lively once again.

*****************
//Knock on the door//

Oyinkansola woke up to see that it was already evening. She used most of her day to sleep since Chapter told her to stay at home. She walked to the door. She opened the door for Becca to come in. she sat on the couch and Becca also did the same. There was silence for some minutes before Becca decided to break it. "Are you not suppose to welcome me". " And are you not suppose to greet me", oyin replied. As Becca was about to give her response, there was a knock on the door. "Come in, the door is opened",oyin said. The door opened to reveal Mojisola in a red shirt gown. Immediately oyin and Becca sighted her, they screamed and they were sure their neighbors will wonder what has happened to them. They both hugged her happily. " You didn't tell me you were coming"? Oyin asked. "It's a surprise joor", Mojisola answered. They all enjoyed the rest of the day.

***************
Moyo unlocked the door and then walked in. She has forgotten about Leo's message until she saw Leo and Daniel playing in the living room. "Mummy!!" Daniel shouted and then hugged his mum. " How are you my darling?", She asked. "Fine", Daniel replied and then raced to his room. The living room was silent and both of them said nothing to each other. Moyo sat on the couch and waited for Leo to bring up a conversation. Leo also thinking in his mind that moyo would start a conversation. After some minutes Leo decided to start. "Good evening", Leo greeted. "Evening", Moyo replied after thinking:: '  I thought you were not going to talk '  " our relationship seem to be crashing", Leo started, " and we are so careless about it. And I really want us to work out for Daniel's sake".  "That's where the problem lies we are doing all this for Daniel. Can't we do things for ourselves? You love Daniel and I will be ok with it if you are his friend and my friend not minding if Daniel wants us together". Moyo said.

There was a comfortable silence for a while. "Then we need to tell Daniel", Leo suggested. "Trust me, he's my son, I will do that ",moyo said. "So, are we cool. I mean as friends". Leo asked. "Yes", moyo replied. Then they hugged. Leo had dinner with them that night and they had a lot of fun together.