Five

"Minji? What are you doing there?" Seungmin questioned as he noticed his daughter by the corner, hugging her puppy plushie with such downhearted eyes.

"Papa... Minji is feeling alone..."

Seungmin walked towards her and crouched to the ground, "Aw baby, do you miss Yongbin already?"

Minji nodded, "He has always been my playmate. But now he's far away so I don't have anyone to play with anymore when there is no school..."

Seungmin thought for a bit, "How about... I bring you to a kids park today? Maybe you'll even meet some of your friends in school there! If not, then take it as a chance to make more friends!"

Minji's eyes lit up, "Really? I can go there?"

Seungmin nodded with a smile, "Of course, baby."

A smile crept into Minji's lips, she immediately hugged Seungmin tightly, "Yay! Thank you, Papa!"

Seungmin chuckled, picking her daughter up to his arms and giving a kiss on her nose, "Anything for you, baby."

The two of them set off to the kids park, taking only a walk since it's only nearby and taking a taxi would be too much of a waste for Seungmin.

"Now Minji, Papa needs to go to his med school so be sure to stay here until I come okay? Don't go anywhere, don't talk to strangers. Just play with those kids and never ever converse with an adult who approaches you."

Minji gives him a nod, "Yes, Papa!"

Seungmin smiled and patted her head, giving a kiss on his daughter's forehead. "I'll be back by later, okay baby?"

"Take care, Papa!"

* * * * *

He rested his elbow on the by the car door handle as he looked outside the window.

"Oppa~"

He hummed, "What is it now?"

"I want to eat, I'm hungry."

He sighed, "It's late. Just wait till we get home."

"Aren't there any nearby restaurants here?"

"I don't know, and I don't want to enter one even if there is. I'm tired, I just want to sleep."

She rolled her eyes, "Well, it is your choice to go back to Korea. You persuaded grandfather. May I ask why?"

He kept his silence, not even bothering to answer the other's question.

"Why are you suddenly quiet now?"

"It's nothing. I'm here for business, and business alone."

She scoffed, "Yeah, right. Actually, there's no need to ask. I think I know it already."

He kept staring outside the window, not even planning on replying to her again with so much unorganized thoughts in his head. Despite all those unorganized thoughts, he had one certain thought that stood out the most.

Kim Seungmin.

After five years, he finally came back to Korea. After leaving him with nothing, Hwang Hyunjin is finally back.

As they passed by a certain park, he noticed a little girl sitting at the bench by a streetlight, alone, hugging her puppy plushie in her arms.

"Stop the car."

She furrowed his brows in confusion, "I thought you wanna go home already?"

"Yes, in a few minutes." He stated as he opened the door to his left and got out of the car. She rolled her eyes, following him as they both got outside.