Twenty-Four

Raindrops.

Seungmin saw raindrops by the window as he glanced away from his book. He was currently staying at the cafe, waiting for Minji to finish school. But what worried Seungmin is that he doesn't have an umbrella with him, and he needs to pick his daughter up by now.

The rain was getting heavier every second, so he packed his things up, stack the books in his hand and headed outside the door. He was still under the roof, hesitating whether he should head to Minji even without an umbrella. But then he decided to use his books to cover himself from the rain.

Just when he was about to step out of the roof, a car pulled over right in front of him. The car window slid down, revealing Hyunjin who had a smile on his face. "Get in."

Seungmin smiled in return and complied with Hyunjin's say, opening the car passenger door and going inside. 

"How did you know I was going to be in this place?"

Hyunjin chuckled, "You can say it's because I've already memorized your schedule from spending a lot of time with you and Minji."

"You always appear at the right time." Seungmin told him.

Hyunjin glanced to his direction and gave him a smile, "I don't want to see my love having a hard time, that's why."

Seungmin just smiled in return, looking away from the latter to hide his flustered face. Soon, they picked up Minji from school who seemed to be less jolly than usual.

"Minji, baby, what's wrong?" Hyunjin questioned.

"Nothing, daddy Jinnie! Minji just feels gloomy whenever it's raining." Minji told him.

He glanced over to Seungmin who seemed distressed, "Seungmin? You okay?"

Seungmin uttered a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose, "Yeah. Just a bit— tired."

But Hyunjin refused to believe that Seungmin was fine. Just by the look of the latter, he seemed really stressed, and maybe it was time for him to divert his attention from studying first. 

And so Hyunjin turned the wheel, turning the car into the opposite direction making Seungmin confused.

"Where are we going?" Seungmin asked.

"How about strolling around the mall first?" Hyunjin said.

"Uhh... no?"

Hyunjin chuckled, "Love, you look so stressed right now. Why don't we have some fun first? With Minji?"

Seungmin blushed at the sudden nickname, "N-No. That would be too much of a hassle."

Hyunjin sighed, looking at the rearview mirror to take a look at Minji, who was currently reading a children's book. "Minji?"

She looked up and met her daddy's eyes by the mirror, "Yes daddy?"

Hyunjin smiled in satisfaction as he heard what Minji just called him. Hearing those words in his ears was enough to brighten his day. "When was the last time you went to the mall, baby?"

"The last time? Hm... ah! It was when Yongbin and bought toys for Christmas!"

Hyunjin furrowed his brows in confusion as he focused his eyes on the road, "Yongbin?"

"Oh, you don't know him, daddy! Yongbin is Uncle Binnie and Uncle Lixie's son!"

Hyunjin fell silent. He wasn't aware that Felix and Changbin also had a child. After all, he has been out of contact with them for five years. Thinking about it, Hyunjin hasn't seen them since he came back.