Eleven

"Behave yourself okay, baby?"

She nodded, "Minji will behave, papa!"

Today, Seungmin is leaving his daughter in Jisung and Minho's care. He tends to do this whenever he has to study for his exams. It's not that he finds his daughter as a distraction, it's just that he doesn't want him unconsciously ignoring her whenever he's studying, considering he's very focused whenever he studies.

Besides, Seungmin goes to his usual cafe whenever he studies for his exams. He finds the place very peaceful and calm, which helps him focus. Surely, bringing his daughter there would only be a boredom for Minji as well.

And so there he was, putting his books outside his bag and placing them on the table. Not logn after, he finally received the coffee he has ordered. He took a sip on it and finally, he wore his glasses and started his study session.

Seungmin's concentration is on another level when it comes to studying. He's not the type of person who procrastinate. In fact, he never even procrastinates. His classmates like to describe him as he 'perfect student,' there are just zero flaws in this boy, except the fact that he overworks himself sometimes.

As hours passed by, Seungmin's eyes started to get tired. He grabbed his cup to take a drink from his coffee but then realized his cup was already empty. He sighed and rested his head on the table, slowly shutting his eyes.

A few minutes of rest won't hurt, I guess...

* * * * *

Hyunjin just got our of their company building. He pressed the button of his key to open his car and entered inside. He was about to start the engine but then he yawned. 

He sighed, "I'm probably gonna die if I drive with this sleepiness."

He got out and locked his car once again, clipping the key by the belt loop of his pants. He headed his way to the nearest cafe to their building to at least buy some take out coffee before he drives his way home.

He was supposed to leave immediately after he received his coffee, but seems like destiny had other plans for him. 

As he entered the cafe, he noticed a familiar figure sitting by the corner of the room, head resting on the table with all the piles of papers, books, notebooks, and a laptop on it. A smile curved into Hyunjin's lips just by seeing the boy. He completely forgot why he was even on the cafe in the first place. He walked towards Seungmin's table and sat on the seat across his direction.

He rested his face on his palm with his elbow resting on the table as he watched the latter sleeping so peacefully. 

Hyunjin can't help but recall their high school memories as he stared at the younger's face. Seungmin has always been the studious type of person. Whenever they had exams, Hyunjin would be the type to give up immediately and seek attention from Seungmin. Unluckily for him, Seungmin is always busy studying for exams, he's the complete opposite of Hyunjin.

"You never changed, have you?" He uttered as he stared at the latter's sleeping face.

He then took into his hands the papers scattered in the table and examined it, later realizing Seungmin was studying medicine.

"Is there a goal you want to achieve in life?"

He nodded with a smile in his face, "Yeah, there is! Someday, I want to be a doctor. No, a surgeon!"

Hyunjin chuckled, "That'd be an easy task for you, then."

Seungmin sighed, lowering his head, "Not really... being a med student is not as easy as you think..."

Hyunjin's lips curved into a smile as he walked closer to his boyfriend and wrapped his arms around the younger's waist. "You're Kim Seungmin, I know you can do it." He said, giving a kiss at his forehead, "Okay?"

Seungmin nodded, hugging him back and shutting his eyes in comfort, "Mhm."

A smile curved into Hyunjin's lips as he recalled the moment he found out Seungmin's dream. Looking at what Seungmin is studying right now, Hyunjin can't help but feel proud for him.

"You're finally fulfilling your dreams, Seungmin. Just a few more steps ahead, and you'll reach your goal."

He continued to stare at him, brushing away the strands of hair against his eyes, "I'm really glad you're doing well."

"I'm sorry for leaving you like that... it must've hurt so much..."

Hyunjin suddenly felt emotional as he remembered what happened five years ago. It pained him to remember the moment he left his boyfriend. The moment he left Seungmin, the latter must've been expecting him to come back... but he never did. And thinking all that will never fail to make Hyunjin feel guilty.

"Minnie, even after all these years... I still love you."

Seconds later, Seungmin's eyes slowly opened, meeting with the Hyunjin's. "Hyunjin?" He utters in a soft voice as he slowly gets up from his position. He rubbed his eyes as he yawn, "Why are you here?"

"Just... came from work. I wanted to get some coffee but turns out you were here too."

Seungmin just hummed in response as he stretched his arms and massaged his neck to ease the discomfort his body is feeling from the uncomfortable sleeping position he just had.

He turned to his watch and sighed, "I slept too long." Seungmin turned back to his papers and rubbed his head as if he was feeling distressed.

"Hey, Seungmin." 

"Yeah?" Seungmin replied as he yawned one more time.

"How about we go for a walk?"

The two soon found themselves walking outside, feeling the fresh air pass through them. Every footstep they made can be heard, as no one was speaking between the two of them.

Hyunjin takes a deep breath, calming his nerves before managing to speak, "Seungmin?"

"Hm?"

"Do you know anything about Minji's father?"

* * * * *

I'm seriously debating within myself if I should buy the 3 standard ver of the album when I already bought the limited ver because I know it's not practical but my inner fangirl is persuading me 🤡

Lots of love! <3