Twenty-Seven

"Why did you pull over?"

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, getting out of the car and shutting the door loud, leaving Dasom inside dumbfounded.

Hyunjin grabbed a fistful of his hair and yelled, letting all his frustrations out. He purposely pulled over by an empty park near a river, he wanted to let out all his frustrations for what has been happening these days.

He thought things had finally gotten better, but he thought wrong. Now that Dasom is in Korea, things are about to go downhill even more.

He leaned against the fence by the river and bits his lip, breathing out a deep breath. Not long after, Dasom approaches him and hands him a can of coke.

Hyunjin looked up to her with furrowed brows, "The fuck am I gonna do with that?"

Dasom chuckled, grabbing his hand and giving him the can of coke. "To calm your nerves."

Hyunjin clicked his tongue, handing it back to her, "I don't need it."

Dasom sighed, taking back the can, "Oh, I see. Too bad, Seungmin actually gave this to me but I haven't drink it yet so I thought you would want it. But oh well—"

Hyunjin immediately took back the coke in his hands as he heard the name of Seungmin, "I was fucking kidding."

Dasom chuckled, leaning against the fence beside Hyunjin, "He's cute, honestly. He looks like a puppy."

"Why exactly are you here, Dasom? It can't be a fucking coincidence that you came back to Korea."

"Well," She crossed her arms, "I'm here to bring you back."

Hyunjin fell silent, biting his lips in frustration.

"Your grandfather's condition is getting worse, and the last thing he wants before he leaves is for us to get married."

Hyunjin clenched his fist as he clicked his tongue, not even knowing how to react anymore.

Dasom takes out a deep breath, "Kim Seungmin, huh. He's your ex, isn't he?"

Hyunjin opened the can of coke, taking in a lot before putting it down, "Fuck off, Byeon Dasom. I know you're here to destroy my relationship with him."

"Hm..." She hummed, "Not really. I honestly find your relationship adorable, you know?" She stated. "I was actually able to have a talk with Seungmin earlier in the park. He seems like a nice person... too nice for someone like you, actually."

Hyunjin rolled his eyes, "I need you to leave as soon as possible."

Dasom shrugged, "Well you see, as much as I want to go back to the States, I can't. Your grandfather has ordered me to wait for you and bring you back once your matters has been taken care of, so that the wedding can finally happen."

Hyunjin groaned in frustration, "This— shouldn't even be happening..." He muttered.

Dasom nodded, "Mhm. We both didn't want this engagement, anyway."

Hyunjin clicked his tongue, "Everything is just so— fucked up. Just when I thought things between Seungmin and I are getting better, you suddenly show up and ruin everything."

Dasom rolled her eyes, "Hey, don't make it seem like I'm a villain here! I'm just following orders, geez." She told him. "But you know, you're really lucky."

Hyunjin raised a brow at her, "What do you mean?"

"You're lucky enough that the love of your life still hasn't found someone else even after all these years."