Eight

"What do you care?" Jisung questioned.

"I do care." Hyunjin told him. "I want to know what happened to him. Also because..."

"Because he doesn't remember you." Minho said, finishing Hyunjin's statement. "Am I right?" he questioned, earning a nod from the latter.

Jisung sighed, turning back to Hyunjin with crossed arms and furrowed brows, "You're right. Indeed, Seungmin doesn't remember who you are at all."

"Why is that?"

"He almost died when you left."

Hyunjin's eyes widened, "W-What?"

"You have no idea how much shock you have caused Seungmin when you left so suddenly only to find out a week later that you're already engaged to someone else. Since then, he overworked himself, considering finals were near. You know how Seungmin handles his problems, he tends to study and study to forget them." Jisung said which Hyunjin nodded in agreement. "But that moment, it was worse. He starved himself, he doesn't even drink water. He just keeps on staying in his room, drowning himself into studying."

Hyunjin couldn't bear listening to what Jisung said because it pained him so much to think that Seungmin's state was that bad. But he needed to know, he needed to know what caused Seungmin's amnesia.

"Felix and I stayed by his side, we were too scared to leave him. We thought that if no one was around him, he'd be harming himself already. Then we noticed he's been going to the bathroom often. When Felix and I checked, we saw him vomiting, and that's when I thought he was pregnant."

Hyunjin felt another pang in his heart. He left Seungmin right after they did it, and to think that Seungmin got pregnant with him after he left, it made him feel so much guiltier than before.

"The moment we took Seungmin to the hospital, he was confirmed pregnant. And for once, he finally smiled. We thought his condition would worsen, but he was happy when he knew he had a child inside of him."

Hyunjin felt soft in his heart. He always knew Seungmin was a good person, which is exactly why he fell in love with him. But hearing all of these made him reminisce their beautiful relationship before all the chaos started.

"He was happy, but at some point..."

**FLASHBACK**

"Minji. Her name will be... Kim Minji." Seungmin said as he held the newborn baby in his arms.

"Minji? That's a cute name!" Jisung told him.

A downhearted smile formed into Seungmin's lips, "It is... I got it from my name and Hyunjin's name."

His friends fell silent at the mention of his ex. For months, they never talked about him again. And this time, Seungmin was the one who spoke his name.

Seungmin was happy, just by looking at his daughter, he felt an overjoyed feeling jumping inside his heart. But at some point, he feels pain whenever he looks at her. Seeing his daughter reminded him of Hyunjin, it reminded him that Hyunjin was gone... and that her daughter will grow up without a complete family.

Seungmin was just a student who graduated high school, he's not rich or whatsoever. He's even the one who pays for all his tuition fees, so thinking about his daughter's future pains him.

One night, Seungmin got out of his hospital room and went to the nursery, staring at his daughter by the glass. A tear suddenly dropped from his eyes, sliding to his cheeks.

He felt guilty, he felt so guilty for his daughter. He could already imagine how much hardship he would be giving to her. He didn't want her to grow up with an incomplete family, he felt as if he would be the worst parent to ever exist. He doesn't even know if he'll be able to provide enough for her.