Six

It's been five years since Hyunjin last saw him. It's been five years since he left his boyfriend without anything at all.

But now, here he is, standing right in front of the person whom he loved so much. His heart was beating so fast that he couldn't control his emotions anymore.

Seungmin was still the same, his features never change. In Hyunjin's eyes, Seungmin has always been so beautiful.

"Papa!" 

"O-Oppa, isn't that... Seungmin?" Yeji questioned.

Seungmin immediately hugged his daughter tight, "Are you okay? Did someone hurt you?"

"I'm fine, papa!"

Seungmin sighed, "I'm sorry for being late, baby."

Minji shook her head, "It's fine! I know papa always works hard for Minji!"

Seungmin gave his daughter a smile and patted her in the head before picking her up in his arms.

Next thing they know, Seungmin and Hyunjin's eyes met. Hyunjin froze in his place, not being able to look away from the latter's eyes.

Seungmin furrowed his brows at him, "So, who are you?"

Hyunjin got confused for a moment. Was he too far for the latter to recognize? But no, they were only a few meters away from each other, and the streetlight was shining upon Hyunjin's face. It was impossible for Seungmin to not notice, considering his sister was behind him.

"What do you mean? He's your—" Yeji tried to speak but Hyunjin stopped her.

"Papa, it's okay! He's a good stranger!" Minji said.

Seungmin tilted his head in confusion as he faced his daughter, "What do you mean, baby?"

"Uncle stranger chased the bad guy away!"

"Bad guy? Oh no, did someone hurt you, baby?" Seungmin worriedly asked.

Minji shook her head, "I'm fine, Papa! Uncle stranger stayed by side and protected me!"

Seungmin slowly turned to Hyunjin, keeping eye contact with him. He then put his daughter down to the ground and walked towards him, giving him a bow in respect, "I'm sorry for the trouble, thank you for protecting my Minji." 

"It's fine, really..."

"Papa?"

Seungmin turned to his daughter, who, apparently was already sitting on the floor. "Baby, don't sit there. It's dirty."

"Papa, I wanna go home~ I'm sleepy~"

Seungmin chuckled, picking up his daughter, "Okay. Let's go home, baby."

Just as Seungmin started to walk away, Hyunjin called him out.

"Wait—!"

Seungmin glanced to his direction, "Yes?"

"I-Is she... your daughter?"

Seungmin gave him a smile as he nodded, "Yes."

And with that, Seungmin walked away with Minji, his figure slowly fading in the dark as Hyunjin watched them. Yeji stood beside Hyunjin as she also watch the two figure fade. 

"Oppa... how did Seungmin have a daughter? And more importantly, why... doesn't he remember you?"

* * * * *

Seungmin placed Minji in the bed, tucking her under the sheets and giving a kiss on her forehead.

"Sleep tight, Minji."