Fifteen

Seungmin couldn't help but wonder what's the reason behind Hyunjin's action. Hwang Hyunjin is an influential man in the country, how can it just be a coincidence that the young man wanted to hang out with someone like them?

"You're— disgrace— family—!"

"Hw— jin— poor— do not— deserve— you—!"

Again, unfamiliar scenarios started to flash in Seungmin's mind. His heart suddenly ached, which he doesn't know why.

But he did remember getting hurt for being associated with someone influential. He just doesn't remember who.

"I thought— everything— okay—?"

"I will— fix this— don't— everything— will— fine—"

Lies.

Seungmin has no idea why, but hearing those voices in his head, the first thing that he thought of was lies. As if those voices echoing in his head were stating nothing but lies.

"Seungmin?"

Seungmin snapped out of his thought as soon as he heard Hyunjin's voice calling out for him.

"You okay? Is something wrong?" The raven-haired questioned.

Seungmin faked a smile and shook his head, "I-It's nothing."

Hyunjin smiles at him and patted his head, "Let's take you home, shall we?"

Seungmin didn't bother to refuse, since he knows Hyunjin will just keep insisting and in the end, he will just lose in the argument.

And so they sat inside the car, silence filled around them, only Minji's humming can be heard.

Seungmin stared outside the car window, watching as each building passed by. His thoughts were full of confusion. Ever since he met Hyunjin, he has been having these weird flashbacks and hearing voices that are completely unfamiliar to him.

Soon, they arrived at Seungmin's house. Seungmin and his daughter both went out of the car and was about to bid Hyunjin goodbye but then Hyunjin cut them off.

"Can I stay over for a bit?" He questioned.

"W-Why?"

"Uncle Jinnie will stay over?" Minji asked with anticipating eyes.

Seeing that, Seungmin was left to sigh, "Sure."

* * * * *

Hyunjin and Seungmin watched as Minji watched a cartoon show at the tv. While Hyunjin was staring at her in awe, Seungmin was stealing glances at Hyunjin every now and then with his brows furrowed.

"Hyunjin."

Hyunjin turned his attention to Seungmin with a smile, "Hm?"

"Why are you doing this?" Seungmin questioned with a serious expression planted in his face.

"What do you mean?"

"Why are you associating yourself with someone like us?"

Hyunjin furrowed his brows in confusion, "Seungmin, I don't know what you're talking about. Is it bad to associate myself with such wonderful people I've met?"

Seungmin crossed his arms as he stared sternly into Hyunjin's eyes, "I know you're the president of the Levanter Industries."

Hyunjin's eyes widened, "O-Oh."

"Hyunjin, I'm asking you again. Why are you associating yourself with someone like us?"

Hyunjin bits his lip before uttering a sigh, "Okay, fine. I indeed am the president of the Levanter Industries. But so what? I want to spend time with you and Minji, is that bad?"