Young Love: Extra#1

"He ate corndogs without me?!" 

Seungmin and Hyunjin both turned to their daughter who had her eyes frowned as she looked at her phone. They were currently eating breakfast, but a notification popped from Minji's phone so she checked it immediately out of habit. 

Now there she was, looking betrayed as she stare at her phone.

"What's wrong, Minji?" Seungmin questioned.

Minji's eyes widened as she immediately snap out from her zone and turned her eye to Seungmin. "Oh, it's nothing Papa." She said before putting her phone down and continuing to eat her meal.

Seungmin and Hyunjin just shot each other a questionable look but Hyunjin decided to shrug it off. Seungmin, on the other hand, had thought of one person who could've been the one Minji was whining about.

"Was that Yongbin?" Seungmin asked.

Hyunjin raised a brow in confusion, "Who?"

Minji rolled her eyes just by hearing the name. "No." She replied in a rather cold tone.

"You and Yongbin are a thing?" Hyunjin asked, giving his daughter a confused look.

"What? No, Dad! We're just friends."

Seungmin snorted, "Pfft, friends my ass."

"Papa!" 

Hyunjin furrowed his brows and crossed his arms, "Since when?"

Seungmin immediately noticed the expression on Hyunjin's face. He chuckled and kicked the latter's legs under the table, catching his attention. "Oh Jinnie, stop being such a protective father now."

Hyunjin gave a pleading look at Seungmin, "But—"

"Minji is in high school, Jinnie. Besides, she and Yongbin have been together already since they were born."

"Papa! You're saying it like Yongbin and I are l-l—" She couldn't complete her sentence as she wore a disgusted expression on her face. 

"Well, aren't you?" Seungmin teased.

"Ew, no! Never!"

Hyunjin hummed in a confident manner and shrugged, "Well, I guess we can't force them. After all, they're too young—"

Once again, Seungmin kicked Hyunjin's legs making the latter yelp in pain. "Don't be such a bitter father now, Jinnie. Don't you forget that you also courted me back when we were still in our first year of high school."

Minji's eyes lit up. She rested her chin on her palm and stared at her parents lovingly. "Right! I never knew about Papa and Daddy's love story!"

Seungmin chuckled, "Oh you wouldn't want to know."

"I wanna know the story! Tell me please?" Minji said with pleading eyes.

"Well, you see..." Seungmin started. "Your daddy is quite the popular guy in school."

Minji squealed, "Oh! Oh! Is it like in the movies? Where the popular guy falls in love with a nerd?"

"Yeah, we could say that." Hyunjin told her. "But your papa was not just any normal nerd."

"What do you mean, Dad?"

"Your papa was a hot nerd."

Once again, Seungmin kicked Hyunjin's leg. "Ow! What was that for, love?"

"Oh, sorry. My foot slipped."

Hyunjin sighed with an eye-roll. "Anyway," Hyunjin continued, "your papa is quite the hard-to-get guy in school."

"Uhuh, and then?"

"He literally hates me back when we were in high school. Like— literally. But well, fate has shown upon us and next thing we know, we were roommates."

Minji squealed again, "And then? What happened?"

Hyunjin groaned, "Your papa is— well, he's so hard to get along with! He'd always ignore me whenever I try to talk to him."

Minji turned her eyes to Seungmin and chuckled, "Papa, don't you think you were too hard on Dad?"

Seungmin scoffed, "If he wants my heart, he has to earn it."

"Oooohhh, savage." Minji commented.

"But well, I did get his heart in the end. And look at us now, we have you already, Minji."

Minji smiled as Hyunjin placed his hand on his daughter's head and ruffled her hair.

"Alright, that's enough." Seungmin stated. "Jinnie, go take our daughter to school. I'm heading to the hospital right away." He told his husband. 

Hyunjin gave him a smile and nodded with a salute, "Aye aye, captain."

"Oh, and don't forget to patch things up with Yongbin today, okay honey?" Seungmin said, giving a wink at his daughter.

"Papa!"

* * * * *

"Good luck with school, my little girl." Hyunjin said as he placed a kiss on Minji's forehead.

"Bye Dad!"

As Minji stepped out of the car and was about to go inside the building, a familiar voice called her out that made her eyebrows twitch.

"Minji!"

Minji clicked her tongue rolling her eyes as she turned her back and met with the eyes of Yongbin. "What do you want?"

Yongbin gave her a smile, "Let's go to class together." He said, taking out his hand.

Minji glanced down to his hand before glancing back up to his eyes. "Why don't you ask Yui instead?"

Yongbin was a bit taken aback, "What? What do you— oh."

In fact, Minji and Yongbin actually promised each other they would be going together at the newly opened corndog shop near their school. But early this morning, Minji saw Yui's instagram story, a girl classmate of theirs who was with Yongbin in the newly opened shop.

And well, Minji felt betrayed.

"Look, let me explain."

Minji sighed, crossing her arms and nodding at him. "Go on."

"Yui invited me, okay? And I just— cam't refuse!"

"Because?"

"Well— it looked so delicious, after all..."

Minji gave him a sarcastic smile. "Good for you then." She said before turning her back on him and was about to walk away but was grabbed by Yongbin in the arm.

"Hey, wait—"

"What else do you want?" Minji questioned in an annoyed tone.

"What are you so mad for?"

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe because my best friend just literally broke a promise with me for another girl because he couldn't restrain himself from eating because they looked 'delicious,' as he mentioned."

Yongbin smirked, leaning closer to Minji's face. "Are you jealous?"

Minji stared at him for a while before snorting, "Are you possessed?"

"Hey!"

Minji pinched his nose and pushed him away. "First of all, I am not jealous. I am just mad because I feel so betrayed right now. You know what? This could actually be on the top 10 anime betrayals."

"Seems to me like you're jealous of Yui, though."

Minji scoffed, "You wish." She said before walking away from him.

"Hey, wait up!"

* * * * *

I was bored so— yeah.