Fourteen

Seungmin and Jisung were currently in a cafe, just a typical day for two best friends hanging out. Seungmin was actually killing time as he studies on the cafe, waiting for the time to come for him to pick Minji from school. But this time, Jisung insisted on coming with him, probably because he just wants to randomly hang out, or maybe because he wants to talk to him about something.

"Seungmin."

"Hm?"

"Are you still... wondering about Minji's father?"

Seungmin raises his head and meets Jisung's eyes, "I've never even wondered about him for the past years."

"Oh... really?"

Seungmin nodded, "Yeah." He then furrowed his brows, "That's weird, Hyunjin asked the same thing." He murmurs, which Jisung heard.

"He did?"

"Yeah, and honestly, that was the first time I talked about Minji's father in years. I mean like— I don't even remember him." He stated. "But you know, I think I might've forgave her father already..." He mutters with a smile.

"What do you mean?"

Seungmin sets his cup on the table, "As I've said, I don't remember anything about him. So maybe... maybe he has a reason why he left."

"A reason..." Jisung muttered.

A certain scenario suddenly flashes in Seungmin's mind, the scenario where Hyunjin played with his daughter. He smiled at the thought, "Besides, I'm already starting over..." Seungmin said, staring at his reflection on his coffee.

Jisung raised a brow, "What do you mean? Didn't you start over five years ago?"

Seungmin's eyes widened as he panic, "R-Right! I did s-start over f-five years ago!" Seungmin stuttered out. Seungmin hurriedly gathered his books on his arms, "Oh look at the time, I still have to pick Minji up. I-I'll see you later, Sungie!" Seungmin said as he excused himself.

Jisung watched as Seungmin got out of the cafe, a frown present in his face.

Seungmin-ah, you're starting to fall in love with Hyunjin again, aren't you? If only you knew...

* * * * *

Seungmin was standing by the pedestrian lane, waiting for the stoplight to turn green for his direction. Suddenly, he saw a familiar man going out a big company building.

It was Hyunjin, he was in a phone call. Soon after, he puts back his phone in his pocket and heaved a sigh. 

Seungmin later realized the building Hyunjin just went out from was the Levanter Industries, a famous big company in Korea. 

Then again, he suddenly had these confusing scenarios flashing in his mind.

"You're— son— that famous— company—?!"

"I am— but you— it doesn't— what's important is— love— you—"

Later on, Hyunjin caught sight of him. His lips curved into a smile as he approached Seungmin. "Seungmin!" He called out, making Seungmin snap out of his thoughts.

Seungmin was still dumbfounded, why was Hyunjin going out of such a big business company?

Seungmin step a foot backward as Hyunjin got close to him, "Y-You work in that company?" He questioned.

"Oh, y-yeah. J-Just a normal employee working there, I g-guess."

Seungmin furrowed his brows as confusion started to ramble in his mind again.

Hwang Hyunjin.

He kept repeating the name inside his head, as if he felt there was an important connection between that name and the Levanter Industries.

"Are you on your way to pick Minji up?"

"Yeah..."

"Great! Come on, I'll drive you there."

"Y-You don't need to, really."

Hyunjin gave him a reassuring smile and held his hand, "No, I insist."

Seungmin was too dumbfounded from his thoughts to refuse so he just let Hyunjin drag him to his car and headed their way to Minji's school.

* * * * *

"Uncle Jinnie!" Minji squealed as he caught sight of Hyunjin, running her way to him immediately.

Hyunjin chuckled, patting her head, "Hello, baby girl. How was school?"

"It was fine, as usual!"

"That's great then."

Seungmin still had his brows furrowed as he watched the two, contemplating within his mind why Hyunjin's name bothered him as he remembered the Levanter Industries company.

"How— not know— Hw—jin— is the son— company—?"

"Indeed— boyfriend— son—company—"

Seungmin was even more confused now that more scenarios came flashing to his mind. And then soon, he suddenly thought of something.

He hurriedly took out his phone from his pocket and opened his google app, typing the name of the Levanter Industries in the search bar.

Levanter Industries / President

: Hwang Hyunjin

Seungmin realized it now, why the name seemed so familiar. He remembered the surname 'Hwang' is big around Korea, since their family owned of the biggest business company around the country.

Hwang Hyunjin was hanging out with someone like them, the president of one of the biggest companies in Korea was hanging out with a nobody. This thought alone made Seungmin even more confused. 

Why did Hyunjin even associated himself with someone like them when he could've just ignored them after he saved Seungmin's daughter?

Seungmin furrowed his brows as he turned his eyes back to Hyunjin who currently has Minji in his arms, twirling her around playfully.

Hwang Hyunjin, who are you?

* * * * *

SKZ album will be having 14 songs!! The sad thing is, they didn't include the unit songs :((

I even wanted to hear the 'My Universe' studio version 😩