ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟜

ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣  𝟜: ℝ𝕚𝕕𝕖

(Y/n) pov
I DIDN'T REALLY KNOW what to expect when locked eyes for the first time. After all I was brand new to the nightly bar crowd but, I needed the money. He had a way of comforting me and soothing my doubts, be it my job or my purpose in life, to my self worth and mental instability.

Whatever the case, he was my rock. I guess when he pushed me into the warp gate and took me out of harms way, was just a continuation of that tradition. Even after months of being separated he felt the need to protect me, I was positive of it.

That's why I was so surprised when I woke up in a hospital with major bruising and multiple fractures. Prehaps I was so wrapped up in the battle, I didn't even realize I was running on pure adrenaline. Regardless, a pit in my heart forms as the realization of what Tomura did takes it's toll.

He attacked us, he really is a villain...

I think back to all our conversations, all the signs that I missed, why he always kept me at arms reach. In a way I felt devastated, heartbroken that he would do something like this but... this other part of me clings to the idea that I don't know the full story, that maybe he didn't want to hurt me, that's why he sent me away, that why he never wanted to get in to close.

I know our feelings weren't fabricated, I know it in my heart that he feels the same.

In my soul I feel our connection, with that final thought I made my decision.

I will protect Tomura, it doesn't matter to me that he's dangerous or that he's a villain but, only that he loves me.

Staring into the abyss of the white eggshell ceiling I fail to realize the soft foot steps entering my room.

Only when the subtle screeching of the bolts on the sliding door closed and locked did I look over.

In the hospital room where I was seemingly confined stood a tall dog-like man, with fur similar to a beagle, but in a refined and decorated suit like a war hero. To his side sat on the foldable white padded visitor's chair, a small mouse like creature with an equally small suit, although unlike the eerie and almost uncanny man that stood perpendicular to her with his herculean arms tightly gripped on filles of paper work, the smaller gentleman seemed calculating and quick-witted, almost as if he's the one in charge.

I was hesitant to speak as they just stood and watched as I shifted uncomfortably in my bed.

"Um, can I help you?" I was never one to whisper but, I couldn't help but feel intimidated. Although I already made my decision to keep Tomura's identity a secret, I wasn't sure if I was ready for those consequences.

Beagle like man spoke first, surprising me with his soft tone.

"My name is detective Tsuragamae Kenji, next to me is your principal Nezu, we are here to ask you some simple questions about the USJ attack, to see if you can help us on our investigation."

I just nodded and held my breath, hoping I wouldn't give give any suspicious behavior away.

"So (L/N) (Y/N), when you the attack started where were you?"

I crinkled my toes and bit my tongue thinking before I decided to give my answer, besides aren't the best lies the ones that have some truth in them?

"I was by the entry with everyone else when a black opening emerged below the stairs..." I gave an intentional shiver as I continued my story.

"That's when it all happened, Mr. Aizawa rushed off right when a man appeared behind us separating us into black holes... I dove away from the strange voids, quickly following after Mr. Aizawa to save myself from being sucked in as well."

I wrap my arms around myself and pull my knees in, pulling out the acting card was never my strong suit but, I needed to make this believable.

"What happened after that miss (L/N)?"

I look up at him with watery eyes and tightened my grip on myself as I continued.

"I made my way threw the hordes of villains by setting myself on fire using my quirk, once I got to Mr. Aizawa, I was terrified. There was... this thing. This monster, part of his brain was exposed and his eyes were bulging out of his head. He was beating Mr. Aizawa into the ground so violently and with so much strength I thought he was going to kill him... I didn't even think, I just jumped in between them and pushed the large bird man away. It didn't really work though, in the end he sent me flying and almost killed me.."

I felt a few tears slip down my cheeks, everything I have said until up now has been true, for the most part anyways, now comes the tricky part... time to bring out my true talent.

"I was so scared, I thought we all were going to die"

The detective moves to sit by me on the bed and tried to calm me down with slow petting movements on my head.

I calm my rapid breathing as I gaze up at him, "Can you tell me what happened after that Miss (L/N), do remember why you were sent outside of the arena rather than into a different area of the dome like your fellow students?"

I looked at him with wide eyes, "... I was sent outside?"

I faintly remembered Tomura did something to this affect to get me out of harms way but, to put me in this situation was quite dangerous. I was walking a thin line, one wrong step could very well end both of us.

" I don't know why I was sent outside... all I remember after being thrown by the monster is being dragged away by a man and being pushed into a vortex... I not even sure what really happened after the monster threw me. I was in and out of consciousness..."

Through-out my entire story the mouse of a man, that sat in the corner stayed quite, almost as if he was dissecting every part of my story and wringing me out to dry.

To say I was nervous was an understatement but, I couldn't afford to make one mistake.

The detective seemed to like my story, and soon left with Principal Nezu, who never spoke a word. Soon after this encounter I was discharged and cleared to go back to school. Hoping to myself, things would only get better from here.

(Ride By: Lana Del Rey)